ovas

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Project191, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

how much ovas for rurouni kenshin?

i know this a silly question for u o_O'

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

There are two OVA's, Tsukio Hen and Seisou Hen. Tsukio comes before the series and Seisou comes after. ^_^x

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Is that what it called? Isn't it just Samurai X??! oO

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Nah, Samurai X is just the scary and not really original North American name for Rurouni Kenshin. I think there's a movie to Rurouni Kenshin too, it's called Requiem of the Ishin Shishi, I still need to watch that one x.X

5. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

rurouni kenshin movies and episodes are letting me confuse.

i want to see what is kenshin story and what's rurouni kenshin hole story which ova should i see? sumrai X?
    or same as the movies u said that guy?

6. Odin

Odin Member

The Rurouni Kenshim Movie and the OVAs are released in America under the label "Samurai X," though the first OVAs have reversable covers so they say Rurouni Kenshin.

It would be best to start by watching the TV series. It begins with about seven DVDs labeled Rurouni Kenshin: Wandering Samurai, followed by the "Legend of Kyoto" arc, which is followed by the "Tales of the Meiji" arc. Just to keep everything clear, these are the labels for the American DVDs. There are 21 DVDs total for the Rurouni Kenshin TV series.

The first OVAs, Tsukio Hen, take place before the TV series. It's best to watch the TV series first so you can appreciate the OVAs more. In America, Tsukio Sen is two DVDs long under the label "Samurai X," with the specific titles of "Trust" for the first DVD and "Betrayal" for the second DVD.

The second OVAs are not released in America as of now.

The Rurouni Kenshin movie could conceivably take place anywhere within the Rurouni Kenshin TV series.
    -Odin

7. Hitokiri_Battou

Hitokiri_Battou New Member

In the Japanese version of the movie there was some sort of refrence that would place it just before the Kyoto Arc.

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

yeah i blelieve that the second OVA is scheduled for sometime in the late fall this year