Panic Level: HIGH!!!

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Kain, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

The race is on here in college as there are only 2 weeks left before my finals begin, but before that we have to finish our projects and thesis and have them all handed up.
    The pressure in here is intence as people are already just sitting there with their head in their hands not knowing where to go or what to do first. I can't blame them, at times i feel as though i will be able to get everything done in time, but at other times when i let my guard down, i feel an imense amount of presseure coming down on me and a feeling that i'm totally screwied.

In these times it can really help you if you manage to sit down and think about what you're going to be doing and how you're going to do. Prioratise yourself and set up a timetable of sorts in which you might be able to get everything done. Make sure that the timetable is realistic, and that its something that you can acheive. So far my timetable looks like:

19th April: Finish drawing changes and hand-up for friday
    19th April: Finish work on Workbook for hand-up on friday
    20th April: Finish Technology Project
    21st April: Begin and finish Fire Cert and Building Specs for Shopping Centre
    21st April: Finish SCI document
    23rd April - 27th April: Finish Parametrics drawings
    27th April: Hand up Portfolio
    28th April onwards: Study for finals

The next hard part is actually sitting down and doing it. But i think i'm actually in a better position then some of the other guys in the class, thats not to say i'm in the best position. Planning everything out has really helped take some of the edge off the panic, but i'm still getting the ususal feeling that i might not be fully ready to hand up everything. Some of my drawings i think i still need help with, but with the lecterurs still doing crits, its going to be hard to get them to help me. It can be both rewarding and annoying with the lecturers doing crits with just 2 weeks until our exams and only a week till hand up since we're already stressed for time as it is and now we hace to go back and try and fix every little thing that the lectuerers keen eye can spot (i don't really care, at least i didn't have to go first this time).

Money has become another major problem at the moment, i have totally run out of funds from my previous years work and now have to live on an allowance from my parents. Its nice to know that i have backup but i don't really like taking other peoples money, and it means i can't really go around buying what i like if i don't want to starve for the latter half of the week.

My finals are another thing to worry about but with my timetable and tring to get everything finished, i don't think that i have the time to worry about them at the moment. Come Friday week however, i think i will break into full panic mode. Until then its time to work.