Languages and Culture Pen-pals (b.jp pals) ^_^

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basher, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

The concept is to write a letter in a different language must state the language so we can all be pen pals. Rather bad aren't I? I thought it would be fun. I did this a while ago it was rather fun.

People can either translate, respond to the letter, or write their own. Lets have fun now. No letters in English unless you translate.

Letter in: Spanish

Letter:Hola. Me llamo Karrie. ¿Como te llamas? Encantado de conocerle.¿Cómo estás? Estoy bién. ¿De dónde eres? Soy de Estados Unidos. ¿Cuántos años tienes? Tengo veintidos años. ¿Cuál es la fecha de su cumpleaños? Mi cumpleaños es el Junio.

¿Cuál es tu color favorito? Mi color favorito es negro. ¿De qué color es el pelo? Mi pelo es marrón. ¿De qué color son los ojos? Mis ojos son avellana. ¿Cuál es tu postre favorito? Mi postre favorito es helado. ¿Derecho o zurdo? Soy Derecho. ¿Tiene usted mascotas en casa? Yo tengo uno gato en casa.

Adiós,

Basher

I have tried my best. God, it has been years since I spoke spanish. If anyone would like some help I will gladly help you. I know spanish, and german.

2. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

Jackabee's translation...

Hello my name is karrie. what is your name...... how are you? I am good. where do you live/ where are you? I am from the united states. how old are you? my age is .... years. When is your birthday?(???) mine is in June.
    What is your favorite color? mine is black. what color is your hair?(???) mine is brown(???). ( a bunch of stuff I have no clue about but might ojos be eyes?). SO you have any pets(???) at home? I have a cat at my house....
    bye,
    basher

I never have taken Spanish...I know very little Spanish. Most of it was guess work based on my knowledge of French and the penpal letters that I wrote in grade school French class.

2 people like this.
  3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Perfect translation

Letter in: Spanish

Letter:Hello, my name is Karrie. ¿What's your name? Pleased to meet you. ¿How are you? I'm fine. ¿Where are you from? I am from the United States. ¿How old are you? I am 21 years old. ¿What's your birth date? My birth date is in June.

¿What's your favourite color? My favourite color is black. ¿What color is your hair? My hair is brown. ¿What color are your eyes? My eyes are vannilla (sort of). ¿What's your favourite desert? My favourite desert is ice-cream. ¿Righty or lefty? I'm a righty. ¿You have any pets in your home? I have a cat in my house.

Later,

Basher

Hola, my nombre es Alan. Tengo dieciseis anos, y quire saber qual es el punto de esta thread (don't know how to say thread in spanish...)

-Seishin

4. Basher

According to this dictionary it was supposed to be hazel.

Hello, my name is Alan. I am 16 years old and what is the point of this thread (rough translation at the end).

The point is to be Pen-pals and write letters in a different language so others can translate. Most of the people here are pretty young and they shouldn't be giving out their address to other people especially over the internet. It would be too easy to write in English plus I had fun when I did it for school in my Spanish class (did everyone do it). I would like to try and translate a different language other then the ones I speak. It is a way to get to know members but through a different language. Is that understandable enough or should I elaborate more?

5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

there is no "thread" as in THREAD in spanish.. so yea it's correctly done

6. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Ehehehehhehehehhehehe...

Letter in SWEDISH

Letter

Hejsan, själv heter jag Tianlin och är på årton år. För tillfället är jag brutalt upptagen med mina studier på KTH, och det känns som att jag har ingen fritid. Men det är ett linje som jag har valt själv så det får jag tåla.

Jag vet att alla ni här visar stöd och omtänksamhet till mig så att jag kan klara av det, och jag tackar er för den stryka ni har gett mig.

Aja, jag hoppas att ni kan förstå vad jag har skrivit för snart tänker jag kila iväg och plugga mera matte. Ha det gött allesammans!

- Teddz

7. Basher

I have never spoken Swedish in my life but I did try to translate. Teddz I am sorry if a I kill it to much.

Hello, My name is Tianlin (or I am to be called*something like that) and I am at 18 years. At the moment I am brutally occupied with my studies at KTH, and feel as that I have no leisure time (or spare time). But that is the catch (or snag) line some I have chosen for myself so that I should (* I translated sheep here for some reason*) endure.

I know you all here show support and (?) so to I can clear off that, and I thank you to that (support?) you have given me. (with out the omtänksamhet it makes no sense translated)

(?), I hope you can understand how I have written too speedy imagine I ran away and plug more maths. Have the (fertilize?) everyone.

Teddz

Wow that is bad. But I tried.

1 person likes this.
  8. Teddz

Ah the likes of babbelfish. Almost correct.

9. Basher

Does omtänksamhet mean foresight?
    And Aja means groan?

I know you all here show support and foresight so to I can clear off that, and I thank you for the support you have given me.

I doubt aja is correct.

10. Teddz

"Aja" is a swedish term for " Oh well ... "

Omtänksamhet = consideration
    Gött = Slang for "Gott" which means "good"