Movies Perfect Blue

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kusanagi san, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Kusanagi san

Kusanagi san New Member

Has anyone seen the anime movie Perfect Blue. Every critic that has rated it said it was good, but I would like some of your opinions.

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it as as good as it was wierd...if ya had a hard time with lain, watch this one alone a couple of times. it's not that hard to follow after awhile...(ok...near the end anyways...loL) it's a really good "thriller" type movie. deffinatly worth watching*^-^*

3. Kusanagi san

Kusanagi san New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info I think I will buy it in a couple days.

4. a girl in gaea

a girl in gaea New Member

worth it ^^

aieeeeee i love this film ^^ *smiles chomping on kumagoros ear* i'll admit it is very graphic and the dub isn't the best dub but hey ^^ tis very good film =)

*holds the pink bunny teddy out* even kumagoro liked it ^^

5. bogdantab

bogdantab New Member

yeah, i agree, it's kinda confusing at first, but its clever at the same time. good to c an atmospheric thriller that doesnt use supernatural beings/big guns/scary monsters.
    try not to get the dub, for the love of god!
    i had it off the net, i suppose a dvd should allow for subtitles.

6. Kyo_Masaki

Kyo_Masaki New Member

wooo! that was cool movie! yah it was pretty full on in some parts and I almost cried when Mima had to do the bar strip scene.... that was so mean :(

and Mr Memania is such a freak.. I swore when I first saw him... I was like 'This has aliens in it?????'

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I havent watch it yet .. and I know that there are few spoilers around here so I didnt botherd myslef reading them .. I just read the question .. and I think that it is great .. I just know so from the previews I have seen .. :p

8. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I just bought the shiny shiny DVD yesterday. Sweeeet film. Nice and graphic too. Mmmm, I really like confusing films, and this has to be one of the most confusing I've ever seen. Top stuff.

9. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

This movie was great. I actually saw it for the first time a few months ago. It was the only anime required for my Japanese Film class that I hadn't seen. I need to watch a few more times before I get all of the little things sorted out. I love films that make me do that. ^ ^

10. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

ehhh...well

ehmm ..well i have to say this...i dont like this anime.....its stupid..well i only saw the trailor at www.sputnik7.com ..but ...not mine kind of anime if i would say Boring!!!!
    Zanza ...sputnik7.com will soon have this anime on their site..dont buy it..you can watch it 4 free on the net... :)simple and save money ...but you must use a higher modem , not 56k or lower or it may suck :dizzy2:

11. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Saw this a year or so ago and loved it. The ending seemed a bit abrupt and convoluted to me, though. But I can't say much more about it without spoiling.

12. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I completely disagree Zub, I think this movie is worth 19.95 or whatever its worth around your area. Yes as Lady Aoi said, the ending was "a bit abrupt and convoluted", but it is still one of the best movies I seen, and watching on DVD or VHS is better then on some website.

13. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

hmmm

Well that's ur comment ..mine comment is "LAME ANIME ever made in history!!" no offense folks... :bleed:

14. Kusanagi san

Kusanagi san New Member

Thank you for all of the comments. And as majority vote would decide this movie is good. I read another review about tit saying it was like a Hitchcock movie. That is what really sold me. I will definately pick it up. I even liked the soundtrack the original Japanese one anyway. The dubbed songs always seemed way to corny to me.

15. DrunkLeprachaun

Well, to be fair Sero, I'm not really going to lose any sleep over your oppion. You haven't seen the film. I'll admit that the trailor(and the dub for that matter) kind of sucks, but calling it the lamest anime in history is just plain stupid. My comment is: one of the best ****s your mind'll ever get.

16. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

IS it's dub any good? :confused:

17. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

I watched this while i was in bed so i fell asleep at some bits and woke up a few minutes later so it was really confusing , How did her manager look like her and float around ?? Think i was asleep at that bit too , i dident fall asleep koz it was a crap film , i was just tired:dizzy2:

18. DrunkLeprachaun

The dub is pretty shitty, I wouldn't buy it on video. But I suppose it'd be better to see that than not see the film.
    That was pretty confusing Heero, I think Mima was just halucinating seeing her float and ****. You should watch it again, you kind of need to be paying attention.

19. Kat

Kat New Member

I just saw this movie last night. I was fairly confused when I first watched it but it really made sense after I thought about it more before I went to sleep. It was really good, but still quite confusing. I think it could have done with a bit longer ending, but after and hour and a bit of thinking that much I really wouldn't have wanted much longer of an ending. It was good though I thouroughly enjoyed it an will probably watch it again tonight.

20. DrunkLeprachaun

Ya know, apparently there's an alternate ending to the film, just the last 10 seconds or so. IT's on the japanese DVD, but for wome reason not on the US/UK release, which sucks. Does anyone know what happened in it?