One Piece Petition to keep Zoro's name in One Piece. please sign!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by zoro4real, Dec 9, 2004.

1. zoro4real

zoro4real New Member

Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the petition: "Keep Zoro's Name in "One
    Piece""

We are trying to reach 100 signatures, and we need
    YOUR HELP!

Please help by signing this petition. It takes 30 seconds and will
    really
    help. Please follow this link:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/791272490

Once you have signed, help even more, by telling your friends
    and family to sign as well!

Thank you!

2. zoro4real

zoro4real New Member

Zoro

to send more complaints to VIZ about changing Zoro's name to zolo after already establishing his name as Zoro in One Piece contact these:

content@storeviz.com and

call them toll free at 1-866-339-2710

Thank you

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Thanks for sharing this, we do have a One Piece forum though *cough* come and post in it!! *cough*.

It is awkward how Viz named Roronoa Zoro as such, but then changed it to Zolo. Perhaps they were corrupted by the idiocy of 4kids. But, it's possible they just want to create less confusion among people who do watch the dubbed version and read the manga too.

4. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

Whatever, it's pronounced the same either way.

5. loudmouth

loudmouth New Member

What the heck. I did it cause it was there, Glad I could help.

6. Fushigi Rockna

I was actually gonna write a letter to 4Kids about this. (and not one of my, angry-angry-bash-bah letters either, a civil one)

I hope this petition works. Viz as of late has been very censored by 4Kids which is really making me mad. I thought manga was supposed to be 'unchanged' now? (it wasn't always, *remembers the SM manga* but manga translators are better now...) I also think it's stupid after claling him Zoro for almost 2 years that they change it. I think that would cause more confusion than on the show... they didn't change Ren to Len when Shaman King came over now did they? Even tho, THEY are said the same, still...it's a matter of constintacy (god I spelt that one wrong Oo)

Also, it seems they're gonna do some of this for the YGO manga as well. When in the January issue, when they were recapping everything that happened so far in YGO, they called Malik 'Marik' and Isis 'Ishizu' (tho, in the Japanese anime, Isis is said Ishizu and Malik is said mariku. In the manga, they're WRITTEN Malik and Isis. Written should have more power over said...). Any well knowledgable YGO fan will tell you that...