Pinky Street Pinky:St - What Is It?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ciel, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Pinky Street figures are all the rave in Japan! A cross between anime-style and female Tokyo fashion trends, they are 5 inch collectible figurines that come with fully interchangeable parts: bangs, hair, head, torso, legs, hats, purses, animals, backpacks etc.

These figures are issued out by Vance Project and Baby Sue, and so far there are 4 sets of 3 figures. Repaints of the first two sets have been released as well with repaints of #8-10 coming out in December. Two of these sets are accessory sets with no head. There's also a set with weapons, stand and magic wands.

Pinky Street has recently released cosplay figures as well. A Captain Animate figure, Asuka and Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Arcueid from Shingetsutan Tsukihime have been released. There has also been talk of a Blue haired figure being released.

In April, the 'rmPinky' set will be released. There have been three special box collectible Pinkies to date: Pinky Street #1 Special Box, Pinky Street Perfect Playing Guide Book with figure, and Pinky Street in Town Vol. 1.

Attached Files:

2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I'm definitely at the very least buying the Arcueid Pinky. The first looks like Pinky #12 from the other thread, but the colors make her so much cooler!

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Doesn't the fourth attachment look like some Bleach fan took it??

anyways if anyone would like to see most of the figure images, I can scrounge some up.

4. Fushigi Rockna

That blue one...looks awfully family. o_O Oh well. I really like the blue one. I wnat it~~~~ XD Don't like how Asuka looks tho. O_O

I'd like to see most of them. ^^; and know whichone is which number. I ahve no clue what number the on in my sig and avatar is (Redhead! XD), so it'd be nice to know. ^^;

Gee I wonder if there'll ever be Tales of Symphonia pinkies... *wnats a Sheena Pinky*

1 person likes this.
  5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I was on the erge to buy the NGE Neko kit with Rei and Asuka. But I hesitated due to the fact that having two of the same characthers (Asuka Summer PVC statue bought at Dôgakon) seemed a little off, and, don't know why, but the toys in that shop looked ugly. Some parts were sloppy done mainly the eyes, so I didn't buy them. But really, Neko Asuka - Rawr.

- Teddz

6. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Agreed, if i had to get my habds on any of them then thw first would have to be Asuka and then Rei.
    I can understand why these things are so popular. I bet my little cousins would love to get their hands on them. Might be a good idea for a christmas gift.

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

haha.. you could have asked :p Actually the five Pinkys you see running around this site (so far) only 2 have their original hair (that is Arcueid's and Yasuko's #4 & #7) and probably all of them are wearing outfits they didn't come with.

Yours, FR, is a bit special haha.. it's Asuka's hair without the pigtails and Rei's face. Rei's face is very cute and gets covered by most of her bangs. I have to admit.. the first Eva cos set I got, Asuka was missing a pigtail. I was so mad I just bought another set for way cheaper then the first. Ebay is my friend.

Ok, so I'll scrounge up some images then. So you can all see which bodies come with which Pinkys then.

8. Fushigi Rockna

I thought the hair and face were familiar when i was looking at the rei and Asuka one!! XD that's awesome man! Yay~ mine's special :p

Thanks a lot Ciel for deciding to get some pictures for us. ^^ and of course, for telling me all that. Heehee ^^

9. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i like the first one with the blue hair. she looks so cute:)

10. IceLands

IceLands New Member

wOw these things are cool:cool: were can I buy them

I would like to get one that would kinda go for me;)

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I've been getting mine off ebay. but there is also http://www.hlj.com/ www.otaku.com http://www.tokyocentral.com/ and http://www.collectorsnetusa.com/ just google 'Pinky Street'. I'll get future ones from hlj, hlj is good for new Pinkys and ones that are coming out soon, but when I got interested in them, the slightly older ones were sold out. I got a few from collectors net usa, tokyocentral and one from otaku.com off ebay.

12. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I had no idea what these were, but now I know. If I got one i'd of course get the asuka and rei one :D

13. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Hey! So that's what they are! I was at a hip-hop clothing store with all kinds of mini-figure toys (expensive ones, yet I would've bought this one kind except it wasn't for sale... awww!), but they didn't have these. They look cute and sound like fun (with the changeable parts). I'd buy one if there was a cool looking one that wasn't so expensive. If I were a girl I would buy em all! >o<

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

You know, there's quite a few cheap knock-offs out there. I wouldn't be surprised. Where are these stores?

15. April

April New Member

Oi. I'm such a newb. I think I just bought a knockoff of the blue haired lady off of ebay. Her hair in the picture looks more cyan/green than it does blue, and her apron isn't all colorful. But, maybe the picture is just off. (which if it is, will suck, because I've been searching for a cyan pigtailed figure of any type for eons. *la sigh*)

1 person likes this.
  16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Hey, welcome! Are you talking about the first picture, '22.jpg' in the first post? I've never seen that pinky The apron in the image isn't really hers. It's the apron for the Captain Animate Pinky figure. If yours is black, then I don't think it's a rip-off. But I haven't heard much about her. I'm now seeing auctions for it on ebay.

17. April

April New Member

Actually, I got her in today. It's Captain Animate, or somethin? Her hair style is the same, but she's slightly different. She has a blue skirt and a orange and white shirt that says boy meets boy. It comes with an apron but it's blue with a name tag and 4 colored dots, and a tiny book that says "animate" on it. A text book perhaps? If you look for her on like a search engine, it's like "shopkeeper pinky st" is what I had got.

Also.. While i'm on the topic.. how do people customize dolls? Is there an english site around anywhere that tells you how to do it and what is required? <3

http://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/pages/productDetails.asp?productId=VP-248018 ((that's the doll that I just got today.))

I JUST started my love for pinky st. Which kind of sucks since i'm in the states and they arent that easy to come by. But theyre so darn cute!

18. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Thanks for the link, I think she's in the cos category with the brunette Captain animate.

I live in Canada, and I've been getting Pinkys off ebay and www.hlj.com, on the back of the packages, they show you a few things you can do with the Pinky figures. I'm a bit confused what you mean by 'what is required' err if I recall correctly my 001 Pinky says ''Find your One' or something. That just means get other Pinkys and change them around take off their bangs, hair, change the hair around, take clothes from other Pinkys to find the perfect Pinky for you. You can have fun with just one, but if you get more, you can have more fun. Right now you have the blue haired Tencho Ramika : http://www.sarkywench.com/japan/kawaii/dolls/pinky/pinkycos/

If you get a brunette for your next Pinky, it may look a bit weird to have brown bangs and blue hair in the back, but hey it's been done ^___^ I'd say the most annoying hair to customize is Rei's from Eva. those white things don't come off. So, it's hard for another Pinky to have blue hair and not look like Rei.

oh. The Pinky in my banner is a combo of two Pinkys. I took the face of a special box Pinky, and stole Pinky 001's hair and clothes. Voilà.
    http://www.boards.jp/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5969
    These are my fave Pinkys among the ones I have. But they aren't sold that way. They come from me having bought: 2 special box versions, Pinky 001, Pinky 10, Pinky 12, Pinky 004 and the suitcase from Pinky 008.

19. April

April New Member

I have to admit they are addicting. I know you buy others, and combine them, but.. I saw someones website.. (most likely foreign, the english was, kind of hard to make out.) But, she used like sanders, and paint and all these other things to customize her pinky (kind of like how people can ooak a barbie) And i'd love to get into pinky customization, but I can't read ... asian stuff, so I havent a clue what all she has on her work desk or how she went about it all first.

Secondly, the blue hair, is the reason I bought my pinky. I play an online game, and my character has, real real real similar hair. The color is the same atleast, and I am a pigtail fanatic. Just have to find the perfect outfit now! Hmmmm! So much to do, so little time to do it in. Although, most of my money now has been going to pre-ordering some other figures *grunt*

20. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I went to another forum, I forget which one, but most of the users were from Malaysia area, and could easily get knock-offs to do those kinds of things. I have a book (it's in Japanese though) showing how you can do that, they use some form of putty and paint to create hair and new clothes, but looking at the creations, the paint job isn't the same at all.

If you are planning to do that, I'd suggest finding some knockoffs, because I've never seen a fan create a Pinky from scratch, they use existing clothes and faces and carve etc. I could be wrong though, but it's easier that way.