Current Affairs ***PLEASE READ, Current Affairs explained***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shen, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Ok, there's already been a few cases where one doesn't quite understand what should be talked about in current affairs. Let me re-emphasize what should belong in this forum.

Current Affairs is a forum devoted to current world politics and everyday news and developments. I suppose any advances in technolgy, health, science rightfully deserves to be in this forum but please use your initiative if the topic you are about to make seems to belong to other forums such as debates, computers, philosophy etc...

Example: Sorry to take you, StarCrossed, as an example, but it is for the better. The two threads made by StarCrossed already in this forum are examples of what not to do... one topic being a debate and one being philosophy.

Threads titled as a news headline would be a good example of how to start off in the current affairs forum.

I hope I have made this clear.

Thank you

- Shen

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the explanation Shen - I wonder if Politics would be a better name?

3. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I think the word 'Politics' will deter some people away from entering the forum. At least current affairs sounds more appealing, and so far politics isn't the heart of most discussions taking place at present. We should let it be.

- Shen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.