Anime Please Teacher: "Weekly Anime Discussion"

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Hitohiro, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

This weeks Anime of choice is a personal favorite of mine. Kusanagi Kei is a high school student in a near-future rural Japan. His backwater town is suddenly flooded with reports of strange lights, but only he knows the truth. Yes, there really was a UFO from outer space, and the alien who arrived in it happens to be his beautiful next-door neighbor and homeroom teacher, Kazami Mizuho.

The two of them get caught up in circumstances that make it appear as if they are having a romantic affair – and Kei must marry Mizuho to protect her secret. So now he must learn to balance being married with being a high school student, difficult enough, except for the fact that Kei has secrets of his own...

This series is great if you're a hopeless romantic like me or if you're tired if they guy and girl always getting seperated at the end of the series. So, here's episode 1"

Part 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go66FTja8FM

Part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuBtmROHSA

Hope you enjoy it at much as I did!

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I watched the first episode and by half way into it I was thinking that I would have to watch more before I decided on this anime.

Then I finished watching the last part and I don't have too.

I must say I like this little gem.

I want to finish watching it. I sort of want to know what secret Kusanagi Kei has. This series has appeal because of the happy ending. Sometimes shoujo needs a happy ending after watching
    Air
    I really want to watch one with a happy ending.

I probably will end up getting the series until then I can't really say when I will watch it. I doubt I will watch it in English it doesn't have the appeal. I wanted to stab the alien/teacher after she kept saying that phrase. Which isn't a big deal I have only found a few dubbed tolerable.

If you are wondering what is up next for discussion then...

Week 4: Busou Renkin (Fansub Forum)
    Week 5: Negima!? (Akamatsu Ken Works Forum)
    Week 6: Please Twins (licensed/Anime Forum)
    Week 7: Night Head Genesis (Fansub Forum)

3. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Yes. Well, you already have a hint at what his secret is, just not all of it, because the first episode doesn't dive into it too far. Yeah, the phrase, "This is a priority one", can be pretty annoying, but I promise you, you will be hearing it a whole lot more as the series continues. Also, the romantic appeal will keep even the most doubtful romantic. Of course, you have to watch more of the series to learn about how this one progresses.

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Does it have to do with him locking up? That is a little strange.

5. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Yes, his "standstills" are a part of his secret. I agree, they are a little weird, but it makes for an interesting storyline.

6. tyciol

tyciol New Member

I never knew it was set in the near-future. I've watched all 13 of both -Sensei and -Twins and love them to death. At the same time I hate it for being so short and ending. The best things never seem to drag on, whereas you have dragonball...

7. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I could not agree with you more, 13 episodes was just not enough, for either of them I think. I took me a while to realize twins was actualy a spin off of teacher, but it was still good.

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Searching for neverending blah turned up these hoary nuggets:

- from here

- from here

Argh.. been around long enough I don't need to form original thoughts anymore: I can just quote myself ;)