Saber Marionette Ponta-kuns shrine! ^_^

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by luvweaver, Jan 27, 2005.

1. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

"Floresta do Ponta-kuns (portuguese).

This is the first page I see that it's dedicated to one of my favorite side-characters of the show. Ponta-kun! :3

A translator might help. :)

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Paging pardal to thread 16702. Pardal to thread 16702, stat! (Please, of course)

3. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

hehehe... i'll only post what i see it's important.... here it goes... :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Por que os Ponta-kuns?

- Queria criar uma página de Saber Marionette com um tema inovador, então pensei nos Ponta-kuns!!! Apesar de não serem personagens principais, eles estão sempre presentes na série como secundários ou como símbolos, estampas nas roupas dos demais personagens etc... Acredito que isso faz dos Ponta-kuns verdadeiros representantes de Saber Marionette e bem apropriados para serem o tema de um site desta série.

TRANSLATION:

why the ponta-kuns?
    - I wanted to create a page about saber marionette with an inovating topic, so i "tought"(from the verb to think... just don't know if it's correctly writen) about the ponta-kuns!!! altough they are not the main characters they are always present in the show like simbols or like in cloaths from other characters... i believe that makes ponta-kuns the real representatives of saber marionette show and well apropriate to be the topic for this web site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

as for the menu...

Página Principal -- home page
    Princial SM -- principal SM (SM stands for saber marionette)
    A Saga SM -- the saga SM ( don't know if saga means the same thing but it's the chapters of the show SM...)
    Episódios -- episodes
    Personagens -- characters of SM
    Pápeis de Parede -- wallpapers
    Discografia -- discographic and lyrics
    Imagens -- images (pictures)
    Winamp Skins -- don't need translation i think...
    Links -- " " "
    Banners -- " " "

other word that may be important...

apresentação -- show of, presentation. (in the Imagens link)

think thats all you need to know, but if you don't understand something just say and i'll be glad to try to answer... :D

1 person likes this.
  4. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I thought you were a better 'Googler' luvweaver :( Sniff, sniff
    That page is pretty old. I think I sent you a link to it long time ago (you know, alucinations, watching a lot of ponta-kuns)

I think that seeing a lot of the Band(Brasil) channel gives me a few credits as translator :p

Ponta-kun
    Nome na Versão Brasileira: Botaku

Os ponta-kuns são os animais naturais das florestas de Terra 2 e tiveram a sua primeira aparição no episódio 6 de Saber Marionette J. Nesta série os ponta-kuns não aparecem com muita freqüência e tem uma aparência amigável somente quando são filhotes. Na idade adulta se tornam ameaçadores monstros gigantes. Mas, a partir de Saber Marionette J Again os ponta-kuns ganham uma nova forma. Tanto os adultos quanto os filhotes são amigáveis e a única diferença é a dos adultos serem um pouco maiores. Desde este OVA os ponta-kuns são os melhores amigos de Lime, e recebem visitas frqüentes dela na floresta. Eles aparecem novamente em Saber Marionette J to X, primeiramente brincando de esconde-esconde com Lime e mais tarde ajudando Otaru a salvar Loreline (Lorelei).

Ponta-kun
    Name of the Brasilian version: Botaku

The ponta-kuns are animals natural of the forests of Terra II and they had their first appear in the sixth episode of Saber Marionette J. In this serie the ponta-kuns don't appear very often and they have a friendly looking only when they are children. When they grow they turn to giant and terrible monsters. And, from Saber Marionette Again the ponta-kuns get a new image. Either adults or children are friendly and the only difference are two adults which look a bit more bigger. From this OVA the ponta-kuns are Lime's best friends, and they receive often visits in the forest. They appear again in Saber Marionette J to X, when they are playing Seek and Hide (?) and later helping Otaru to save Loreline (Lorelei).

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Back when the site was in development, I was contacted by the author to see if my little dancing ponta-kun gif (which was on display at my RPG page) could be used. I, of course, gave permission (it's not even a very good-looking ponta), and when the author informed me the site was up, I plugged it on my homepage.

It's fun to see SMJ pages in various languages. :)

6. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

it's good to know you can translate something... it's the prove that we're better and know other languages... but jedimdo, be carefull when translating something from brazilian to english cause portuguese(brazil) it's a lot diferent from portuguese(portugal). in the text you translated there weren't many diferences but there are alot in other texts... :)

7. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Sure. But, are we better? I don't think so. Even in the SMJ forum I know about people who knows at least two languages.

I really haven't seen the difference between 'Brasilian' and Portuguese since the most texts I've read in Portuguese come from Brasil.

'planeta.terra.com.br'