Studio Ghibli Works Porco Rosso

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Fushigi Rockna, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Fushigi Rockna

This forum needs more love. >:

I recently rented Miyazaki's Porco Rosso, because I had been wanting to see it for a while (along with the cat returns, which was also there, but I think I'll get it tomorrow)

Had to say I loved it, but I've never come across a Ghibli film I didn't love. :p Has all the typical elements of a Miyazaki film. The Pirates in Porco Rosso reminded me of the ones in Laputa, just more gruff, and Fio reminded me of several other main female characters in his films.

It was very funny and amusing and of course, as always, the animation was top notch. Even my grandma, who only saw the first scene, had to comment on how beautiful the scenery was.

It also had an ending similar to Spirited Away, in the way it made you go "NO! THAT CAN'T BE IT! I WANNA FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!" XD It was seemed to end pretty quickly for me, which was probbaly the only thing I didn't like.

So, has anyone else seen it? I was hoping to come here and find a thread to tlak about it in, but then I discovered you all neglect this poor little forum. :p

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Hmm maybe I will watch it tonight or atleast this week. I want to watch Orphen.