RPG Archives Post-Apocalypse Now - Character Information

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Novus, May 18, 2004.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

Okay, I would like between two and six players for this game. Of course, first come-first serve basis, as always.
    Anyway, I need to know who/what you want to play. For that reason, I'm going to show you the ropes of creating a Post-Apocalypse Now! character.
    I'm going to try to keep this basic. Since there's no real set of rules, you don't need complicated stats or anything like that. Just a bio and a bit about how you fight and act.
    At the end of this post, I'm going to make a sample character to show you what you need to do. This character will not actually be used in the game, unless, of course, it becomes necessary for an NPC to balance out the abilities of the players. This shouldn't happen, though. You're a clever lot, and I have faith in your gaming ability.

Anyway, the first section is your bio. About you, what you look like, how you act, that kind of stuff.

Name: What are you called? This can either be a given name, or a nickname, or both.
    Age: How old are you? Let's put a minimum at 13 and a maximum at 55.
    Species: Most likely, you will be human. Of course, there ARE other options, but there will be consequences for choosing them. You could play a Numan (cat-people). If you choose to do so, most people will react negatively to you, because Numans are viewed as savages, and more often than not are in direct conflict with humans. However, I'll let you be faster, and probably handle yourself better in a fight, being descended from cats and raised in the wilderness and all. Also, there are Ghouls. These are people mutated by the nuclear fallout. At one point, they were human, but now they look like their skin is melting. They can't really move fast without parts of them falling off, either. On the other hand, they are very long-lived (most of them are still survivors of the War, if you can believe that), and they are very, very, very hard to kill. Then, there are Tribals. Basically, humans who have been living away from the Vaults and their new cities for some time, and have formed "primitive" tribes. They are looked down upon by other humans, but are better adapted to the environment and can survive better without all that fancy tech. If you REALLY want any of those, go ahead, but you better have a nice background and profile to go with it.
    Sex: Male or female. Pretty obvious.
    Height: Should be around what people generally are now. Numans are a little shorter, if you're playing one of them.
    Weight: Again, just like nowadays. Numans are a little lighter, and Tribals are likely to be a bit heavier due to developed muscles from living in the wastes.
    Hair: Pick a colour, any colour. The beauty of sci-fi as opposed to fantasy is that you can have dye. Tell us a style, too.
    Eyes: Pick a colour. Try to keep it "natural", but I'll let this one slide.
    Distinguishing Features: Beards, scars, tattoos, the works.
    Costume/Clothing: What are you wearing? (that sounds a little eerie ...) Just write what your character wears on a day-to-day basis.
    Personality Profile: How you act, and how others perceive you.

Anyway, if you think there's anything I missed, just add it to your character.
    Next, a little game info. This is about as technical as I plan on getting.
    Type: Fighter (gets by through fighting, maybe as a hired thug or soldier), Rogue (you lie, you cheat, you steal ... a spy, thief, or any other kind of blackguard character), Speaker (charismatic, talkative type, more likely to talk things over to solve a problem than to slug it out), Scientist (on a quest for knowledge, not much for fighting, but probably knows a few tricks, like how to fix stuff or put things together).
    Weapon(s) of Choice: If it comes down to do-or-die, what is your primary means of self-defense? You don't need one if you're trying to be non-combatant. Of course, you could also favour unarmed fighting. Generally, spears, swords and knives are common melee weapons, and there's still a few firearms kicking around (but ammo can get scarce). Of course, bows and crossbows are another option ...
    Equipment: You can start with your clothes, a backpack (if you want one) and a weapon (if you want one).

I'll probably put more in that section later.
    Finally, background.
    Background: Tell us about yourself. You can be as brief or detailed as you like.
    Karma: You start at zero here, regardless of your profile. I'm just giving you a heads-up. This is how I keep track of whether you stand for good or evil. As you do good things, your number will rise. As you do evil, it will fall. Simple? I think so.
    Events: This should be blank, too. When you do something important, it will be noted to help us keep track of things. You could have the shiniest karma ever, and be an all-around great guy, but if you did something like save a village from bandits, people will know you better and like you a little bit more.

That should be all for now ... don't be surprised if more appears magically.
    Oh, and if you would like to play, but can't think of a character idea, post a message here to reserve your place, and then either myself or someone else can make you a character.

Here's the sample:

Name: Axel Adoe
    Species: Human
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 181 lbs
    Hair: Bald
    Eyes: Green
    Distinguishing Features: Short-trimmed grey moustache and beard, recent slash wound on the back of his head.
    Costume/Clothing: Green military-style fatigues with a small logo of the RMA.
    Personality Profile: A straight-forward, mildly aggressive old man, Adoe is very stubborn and not much for subtlety.

Type: Fighter
    Weapon(s) of Choice: Shotgun
    Equipment: Fatigues, backpack, shotgun.

Background: Bored of his life as a security guard in New Windsor, Adoe joined the RMA. On his first mission, he got involved in the rescue of the merchant, and got slashed in the back of the head by a Numan raider. He and his comrades barely made it back to town alive.
    Events: None

There you go. Any questions, go ahead and ask.

2. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Name: Skie
    Sex: Female. Femme. Madchen.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 142
    Hair: Micro-braids that are shades of red-oranges and black
    Eyes: so dark brown that they are practically black
    Distinguishing Features: Beards, scars, tattoos, the works.
    Costume/Clothing: A long black dress that reaches her knees with pants that are baggy and are green
    Personality Profile: A sort of sweet girl, but once they meet her they know shes really fiesty.

Type: Speaker
    Weapon(s) of Choice: Just self protective small switchblade
    Equipment: Clothes, messenger bag filed with cosmetics and other papers for her job as negotiating.

Background: She is an associate for setting up relations between Numans, Humans, Ghouls and Tribes, and trying to set up historical notation for the books.

3. chiquitabanana

Aww **** i forgot all about that
    Distinguishin features: a tattoo on her back of a buddha with a lotus flower in each hand. She also has a barcode on her ankle along with her eyes pierced over 7 times along with her belly button and eyebrow.

4. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Name: Arc Barrows
    Weight: 150 lbs
    Hair: Of medium length, down past his ears, and then flipped out and upward, light brown-grey
    Eyes: Cold sky blue
    Distinguishing Features: He has 11 piercings on his face. 4 on each ear, his tongue pierced, his chin pierced, and his eyebrow pierced
    Costume/Clothing: He wears a thin dress shirt with three-quarter sleeves and black jeans, along with a black spiked collar and arm braces at his wrists.
    Personality Profile: He's a big flirt, with anyone and everyone, sort of to cover up for the loss of his loves. He's an extroverted introvert, having been forced into social situations. He tends to lead if nobody else takes the helm, and have strong opinions. He's smart, and sees unpleasant solutions, and knows when they must be taken.
    Type: Speaker
    Weapon(s) of Choice: Projectile Weapons- anything available
    Equipment: A bass guitar, a duffel bag and a few weapons.

Background: Before all of this, he played bass for a band. He has lost his two loves, who died during the war. He lost his mother when he was just eleven, and had a bad relationship with his father. His loves were the only ones he could count on, until they died. He was cryogenically frozen for a very long time. Now he's a free, wandering spirit.
    Events:

5. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Name: James
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 184 lbs
    Hair: Short, Black
    Eyes: Black
    Distinguishing Features: He bears a gothic-cross tattoo on the back of his right palm.
    Costume/Clothing: A white dress shirt tucked into a pair of black dress pants. He wears a trench coat over these. Black tie.
    Personality Profile: A bold man who is never afrraid to say the truth. At times, he can be extremly cold and at others, he can be very warming and caring. Whatever gets the job done, he will do it.

Weapon(s) of Choice: Two long barreled handguns. A 14mm and a 45 callibur
    Equipment: Holster for guns, traveling bag (holds equipment and food), 14mm and 45. Handguns.

Background: Without anything he holds dear in life, James set out from the TC to find someone or something that could make his life worth living. He travels from city to city, looking for something. And his next stop is New Windsor.

6. Novus

Novus Gone

Two speakers, two fighters ... seems like a good balance to start. I'll get the game rolling either tonight or tomorrow night, depending on my schedule. Of course, any other players who have signed up between now and then will be worked in for the intro.
    By the way, if anyone is interested in starting, but the game has already begun, don't feel bad. If you PM me in advance, I can work any new players in before the group leaves the city, or at other points in the game (that's why I need a PM ... so I can arrange the entry).

By the way, Kamui, nice touch with the tie.

7. Gemini_Kumori

Gemini_Kumori New Member

Name: Catherine Namir A.K.A Kitty :catgirl: (her parents, even though they were Numans, always loved the humans names therefore giving their daughter a human name)
    Species: Numan
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5'10" (small for her age/species)
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Hair: Dark pink, straight and down to her lower back
    Eyes: Cat-like, one yellow and one purple
    Distinguishing Features: Although she looks mostly like a human she has two black pointy cat ears with pink tufts at the top, a long black tail with a pink tip, claw-like fingernails that extend, sharp teeth (kinda like her canines are longer and sharper) and she has a mouse with a claw through it tattooed on the back of her left shoulder. Kitty also has her lip, eyebrow, one ear and belly button pierced.
    Costume/Clothing: She wears a dark purple tube top, black baggy pants (with a hole for her tail), black skater-like shoes and a gold ring on her tail. She also wears a black choker with a little bell attached to the middle of it.
    Personality: Kitty is a bit of a b with an itch at times but can be quite charming at others. She tends not to trust many creatures and has a bad temper. Yet she always finds a way to look on the bright side of things.

Type: Rogue
    Weapon(s) of Choice: She always has a dagger hidden underneath her pant leg and she carries around a long sword that has cat teeth embeded in the hilt strapped to her back.
    Equipment: Her clothes, piercings, tail ring, dagger, sword and sheath and a wallet that she keeps hidden in her bra. Most of her equipment was stolen from humans' camps or off their dead body (seeing as she's a rogue).

Background: Kitty was always the outcast in her Numan town, even though she was considered really beautiful. When she was only 7 years old a group of humans killed her parents and left her all alone in the world. At the age of 12 she left home and went searching for a better way of life which eventually leads her to New Windsor.

8. DPettinger

DPettinger Guest

Now this is my type of RPG

Name: Brad Kensington
    Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 157 lbs
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Blue
    Distinguishing Features: Tattoo on arm of a snake slithering through a Human skull, and a skar that goes from his right eyebrow to the middle of his cheek.
    Costume/Clothing: Dessert Military Style Camoflauge.
    Personality Profile: An aggressive, and very Intellegent young man who reacts well under pressure.

Weapon(s) of Choice: Sniper Rifle, Any type of blade
    Equipment: Camoflauge, backpack, Sniper Rifle(low on ammo), Hunting Knife.

Background: Unknown, Brad was found unconscious in an alley in New Windsor a few years ago, with no memory. He now accompanies caravans and protects them, sometimes leaving the city the caravan is staying in to hunt.

9. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I don't know if youre taking characters in, but...

Name:Seth
    Species:Human
    Sex:Male
    Height:5'12"
    Weight:162lbs
    Hair:Long and silvery grey
    Eyes:Green
    Distinguishing features:A tattoo in the shape of a dragon in his right arm, and a tattoo the shape of a cross in his left hand
    Costume/clothing:A black, long leather jacket, black jeans.
    Personality profile:A loner. Doesn't actually want the company of others, but sometimes wishes that he wouldn't be alone.
    Type:Fighter
    Weapon(s) of choice:A katana with a picture of a dragon carved on the blade, bearing the name, Meriken.
    Equipment:His katana, its scabbard and his clothes (he can't run around naked).
    Backround:His family had seen the growing potential in him, and wanted to turn him evil, like they already were, so he ran away. For years he wondered alone, untill a man came, claiming to be his grandfather. Seth had nowhere to go, so he asked him why should he go. The man answered "I want to train you, so if your family comes after you, you will be prepared". That was when Seth agreed to come. When he got to his grandfathers home, his granfather asked him what weapon is his chosen weapon, since Seth did not know anything about weapons, his grandfater let him try every weapon he had, untill he finally found the perfect one for him. It was the katana. Not the katana he has now, but a normal katana. He and his granfather started to train every day with their katanas, untill one day, when Seth was 20, his grandfather died of old age. He had left his will, that said that Seth would have His best katana, that he had hidden from thieves and robbers. When he found it, he took it, and started to live as a wanderer, with the katana as his only friend. He had used the katana in only self-defense, untill now, he had become a mercenary, that did almost any job, but killing an innocent person. When he had gotten to his victim, he judged, that should he die, or not. If that person had to die, he did it swiftly, if that person was to be spared, he asked for a ring, or such for evidence that the person was 'dead'.
    Events:none

10. Ginger_Snaps

Ginger_Snaps New Member

My Character

Name: Mia (Me-ah)
    Species: Numan
    Sex: Female
    Weight: 130 lbs
    Hair: White wavy hair thats down to her chest
    Eyes: Cat-like, red
    Distinguishing Features: She looks human all except: her canines are sharper and longer, she has two big cat ears that are white, her nails are normal human length but can extend and a white fluffy tail. Mia has a tattoo of a black rose on her hip and she has five scars going diagonally down on the top left part of her chest from a fight with another Numan. She also has her tongue and nose pierced.
    Costume/Clothing: Mia wears a tight white tank top that ends just at the bottom of her belly button, low riding red mini skirt, two belts with pointy studs that make an X across the lower part of her hips, a black see through jacket and tall black boots with four buckles that go up them over top of the laces. Mia has a little bird skull hanging from a chain that she wears as a necklace. A lot of her stuff originally belonged to humans but she stole them thinking that humans were scum that didn't deserve nice stuff like that.
    Personality: She hates humans and is very vicious/rude toward any species but her own. She has a very quick temper and gets into lots of fights. She tends to be kind either only when necessary or when she really wants something. Mia doesn't like to take orders and does things her own way. She is a lonely person but won't let it show, she needs friends but can't open herself up because she thinks it will result in pain. Mia is also a VERY curious girl.

Type: Rogue
    Weapon(s) Of Choice: Mia carries a dagger hidden in her boot for close rage battle, a magnum (she keeps it in a holster on one of her belts along with any bullets she can find) and a katana that she keeps strapped to her back. At the top of the hilt of her katana is red jewel (family heirloom) and her family name is carved into the blade in their lavish looking language.
    Equipment: Her clothes and possesions (katana, pierciings, etc.) and a native looking small wallet/purse that she hangs from a string on her neck.

Background: Mia was born into a Numan clan that consisted of only a few families. She was taught how to fight by her best friend (her friend was 4 years older then her, male) at the age of 8. When she was 14 her parents died of a flu that was going through most clans and left her the family heirloom, her katana. The year following their death her grandfather betrothed her to her best friend and teacher. She refused to marrie him and ran away from home. The only things she had with her were her katana and a dagger. Mia was very unfortunate in the next 2 years to come, being attacked by humans and Numans alike. On her journey she found a dead man and she took his magnum seeing as he would not need it anymore. She heard of the rumour of the DCVault from a couple of her travelling friends, who had been there at the caravan, and being the curious girl that she is she went in search for the DCVault and the rumours origin.

Events:

11. Novus

Novus Gone

Okay, based on the number of player applications, I have decided to extend the number of slots to accomodate the new recruits.
    Let it be known, however, that I cannot accept any new players at this time, and that everyone who signed up after Kamui's post will be incorporated in due time. Hopefully, I will fit you in in the next week or so.

Let's see ... a little specifics for each of you newcomers:

Gemini_Kumori:
    Numans are a primitive species, so you're going to have to either rationalize your gear (i.e. you stole it from humans, found it on some corpses in the wastes, etc.), or change it. Once this is done, I'll try to fit you in shortly after the group leaves New Windsor. I don't want a numan walking into a human town by herself. That'd just be suicide. I'm also assuming there's a reason you've adopted a human name, but that's up to you.

DPettinger:
    If you're willing to accept a post with the RMA, then I can say Brad's getting assigned to the group should they leave the city. If you want to come up with another reason for joining the group, please PM me.

sephiroth:
    Okay, there's not a lot of work for a merc in New Windsor, so maybe your wanderings have taken you in the general area. I'll write you in sometime during the travelling bit that's probably going to come up sooner than later.

Ginger_Snaps:
    Same situation as Gemini with the clothes. I see you already took care of the weaponry issue, which is nice. And I'll give you a choice on what I'm doing with your background, but I'll PM you that.

Look for your characters to appear in a week or so. Maybe sooner, maybe later. We'll see how the game goes.

12. Lestatslover666

Lestatslover666 New Member

Name: Toraro
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: 115
    Hair: pink and purple, short hair
    Eyes: grey
    Distinguishing Features: a scar on his right cheek
    Costume/Clothing: He usually wears a white t-shirt with a jacket. And
    baggy black pants
    Personality Profile: Toraro is bi-sexual. He is very kind, but is very serious when it comes to sword fighting. He always can make someone laugh. He is very shy when meeting new people. He is sometimes a loner because he doesnt know how to act around people.
    Strengths: He's a extremely great swordsman, and he's very fast. Plus he's so adorable!
    Weaknesses: puppy dogs (he gets all big hearted around them)

Type: swordsman
    Weapon(s) of Choice: a sword and 2 identical daggers, also his agility
    Equipment: He usually carries his 2 daggers and a sword given to him by his grandfather

Background: His mother died giving birth to him. His father thought it was Toraros fault for his wifes death. So he disowned him. His mothers grandparents took him in. And his grandfather taught him to fight with a sword. When he turned 13 his grandmother passed away. His grandfather became seriously ill after her death and died soon afterwards. Toraro couldn't handle his grandfathers death. So he locked away his memorys of him. He stopped using his swords and fighting. For a long while he was very cold to every one. But when he turned 16 he met a man named Kisho who opened him up and helped him to get over his grandpas death. Toraro started training again with the help of Kisho. Toraro also became kinder, but he was still very serious. When he turned 18 he left Kisho going out on his own. He only fights when he has to
    Events:

Attached Files:

13. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Name:Ein Strike
    Species:Human
    Sex:Male
    Height:5 9
    Weight: 132 lbs
    Hair: Short spiked backwards, black.
    Eyes:Normally Crimson
    Distinguishing Features: When angered his eyes glow a blinding white.
    Clothes: Sandstorm goggles, Black torn T-Shirt with Bulletproof vest underneath, Jungle Camo Pants, White Nike Sneakers.
    Strengths: None specified at time.
    Weaknesses: Females.

Weapon(s) of choice:Dual Micro Uzi's, a .45 pistol, brass knuckles, and A M16.
    Equipment: M16 strapped across back, A belt containing His pistol and uzi's, NightVision goggles, various medical items, Thermal Vision goggles, Bulletproof Vest under shirt, and any spoils he usually find (example- helmet, knee pads,etc.)

Background: Unknown.
    Events:

14. Matthew03

Matthew03 New Member

Name: Jason
    Species:Numan
    Height:5'3"
    Weight: 119
    Hair: Short Spiked Orange matching fur
    Eyes: Blue
    Distinguished figures: Long scar on back
    Clothes:no shirt blue shorts ragged
    Personality: Scared of humans

Type :fighter
    Weapons: none only his claws
    Equipment: shorts
    Background: Orphan separated from parents at age 11 by humans and used in a testing lab for 12 years. really strong due to the testing. barely escaped from the lab. got scar during the process. searching for parents

Events:0

15. chiquitabanana

NOTE:

Novus came back home from school and currently does not have internet access. In the event of this, he will not be able to accept any characters, but I will try to do all possible to attempt to bring you guys into this RPG, so just hang in for right now.

16. Meaikoh

ChiquitaBanana.

The moderators of this forum will take care of their own, and this is in no way your decision. Upon Novus' return, we will accept new characters.

You are not the moderator of this forum; please leave decisions and declarations like this to those who have the authority to make them.

--MT

17. chiquitabanana

MT.

I was trying to simply get some attention to see if anyother mod here could help this situation since Novus will not be able to reach us till September, which is over a month old, and in which we might end up not be posting ever again, since no one has posted for such a long time, and then it will mostly end up being thrown into the archives, I am simply tired of seeing so many good stories that lots of people have spent good time on being thrown in, simply due to not enough people being accepted, or joining in. I simply want these peoples who are willing to work on this forum to ve avle to join and post.

18. Meaikoh

I repeat-

These things will be taken care of by the moderators of the forum. We appreciate your concern, but stating things such as
    is not within your authority.

Rest assured, they will be able to RP, but Novus' permission will be necessary upon his return.

--MT