Current Affairs Prince Charles marries Camilla [9th April 2005]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shen, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

It was supposed to have taken place yesterday but due to the Pope's funeral it was put forward one day.

Their relationship has been going on for 35 years and behind the scenes of Princess Diana, so finally, at 56 and 57 they are together... So, any thoughts on this?

- Shen

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It's been told they make a better match than Diana and Charles. It's unfortunate Princess Diana died; I wished she could have found happiness as well. Hopefully Princes Harry and William really like Camilla and that Prince Charles and Camilla will be very happy together. I'm also happy they pushed the wedding back, it wouldn't have been a good day to celebrate.

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I've heard on the news that when Charles finally becomes King, Camilla won't be named as the Queen of England. Not sure why exactly, instead shes be named a Dutchess. Sure hope she doesn't mind.

4. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Well, I hate them both for their behind the scenes affair, and don't care what happens next for them. Yet, I see a car accident in the future...

Be forewarned,
    Lucky

5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

What are you implying Lucky?
    If theres a price on your head and i need the money then i can't be blamed for my actions ;p.

1 person likes this.
  6. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Oh, I didn't imply anything....I told you all there is to be known....AND, now we are off topic. Lets get back on....shall we?

7. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I've heard that she resigned to the Queen title.

I've never totally supported their relationship but I wish them the best.

8. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

Well the current queens husband is Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, not the king, so that seems fair. He was a prince to start with (of Greece) then got made a Prince of Great Britain by the Queen Elizabeth when she beccame queen.

Camilla is Duchess now and will be made a Princess when Charles is king, so it's exactly the same. Was Diana going to be called Queen? I dont know.

But I guess although a kings wife is usually called a Queen, a Queens husband is not called a king (usualy a prince), i think that's because if he was called a king that would suggest he's higher than the queen (who is the monarch) and that would be wrong.

Lastly, a queen who is just a king's wife is NOT the same as a Queen who is reigning monarch. A king's wife has no powers, Queen in that case is just a title.

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Ye thats right, i was talking with some of my family the other day and they all mentioned that she'll be names a princess rather then a queen, although i think thats the only title she wants.

10. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Camilla's 'Title' is the Duchess of Cornwall. Charles is the Prince of Wales and Diana was Princess of Wales. However members of the monarchy aren't supposed to remarry so that's why camilla won't be called princess of wales or queen (when Prince Charles becomes king).

11. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I honestly don't care. At one time Prince Charles loved Princess Diana a lot. He may still have feelings for her but he feel in love with someone else. She may have felt the same. People do grow apart. I heard somewhere they coudn't get divorced because he would lose his right to be a king. Heh. It might not be true. Love happens people. Let Prince Charles and Camilla be. How can anyone hate something when it is love? She loves him for him. I also heard she gave up the title Queen. Let them be.

12. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

wa a a a a a a it (lol. don't know how you'd write it... never mind.) a bloody second. he's been having an affair?! and for 35 years?!!!!! what a bloody traitor... *growls...* meh, at least he's old and not a hot guy... otherwise i'd punch the living day lights out of him. royalty or not.

but personally, i thing that prince charles should be kicked off the royal family and be just some low time homeless dude... not that they're bad or anything.

but for me, i just don't think that they should be together. well, they could if they want, but you just can't help but sense betrayal....

blah. sabatouge (meh, hate spelling) the wedding!!! muahahahaha.... muAHAHAHAHAHA~!!!!!

damn, i hope it didn't pass already...

but you know, it's not like i really care or anything...

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Er, you didn't know he was having an affair on Diana? They divorced for a reason...

14. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

they divorced?!!!!!!! wow... i thought she died when she was still married to him...

so all this time, what i believed to be, wasn't really... ka.

i really don't get out much... (or watch tv, etc)