RPG Requests Psychic Institute

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kos-Mos, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

I'm going to start this request by asking if any of you here in the rpg threads have ever read any one of L.J. Smith's books? If so, this will seem some what familiar to you. Especially if you’ve read the Dark Visions Trilogy.
    Just thought I'd get that out of the way.
    Here we go.

They were all gifted. Gifted in ways you would never believe. They could do things. Things normal people wouldn't imagine.
    They were Psychics. Most of them not knowing about their own strength.
    That was what the institute was all about. Helping them. Helping them learn how to control, and make their powers even stronger. The lead professor was a kind woman. And she specifically chose eight students to participate in her programs'.
    Each and every one of them had different abilities, different personalities. There's only one similarity. All of them were with in three years of age. 15 to 18. That was part of her program. The main possess was reaction with each other. But can eight teenagers so diverse get along as easily as she believes?
    Immediately after they arrive, they a greeted by Dr. Macrinara herself.
    But there's more to this place than meet's the eye. Especially when one of the "subjects" goes missing.
    Does Dr. Macrinara have other plans instore for them, or is some one...or something...else hunting them?

I know this sounds a lot like the book, but trust me, it will be very different.

Here's a little bit about how the rules would be like.
    The most important rule would be if you sign up to be one of the main students, you must be absolutely sure you wont quit. It's very important that we have reliable players.
    Only the other mod and I would control the progress of the game. We say what time it is, what day it is, ect.
    If it becomes necessary, I'll want to have each person who signs up accepted before they play.
    Each character would have to be original. No anime or book characters allowed.

I would understand if this is rejected. I have more info, but saying it publicly would give away a lot of the game.

1 person likes this.
  2. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

While I like this idea, I don't think I'll adopt it unless all the other mods reject it. I think it ought to be played out, but I'm not the mod for the job.

--MT

3. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I'm not particularly interested in this project. Do what you will, Meaikoh.

4. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

K, sense FR hasn't really said anything, I'm going to decline this rpg, now. I'll just start it elsewhere. Thanks anywhere. ^.^

5. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Just as a side note, guys, as I've seen this happen rather frequently: When your RPG is rejected, do not attempt to delete your thread. They will be undeleted unless there are special circumstances. We like to keep them for future reference and such.