Music Punk Music VS Metal etc.

Discussion in 'Music' started by Peachy, Apr 6, 2006.

?

Punk VS technically Metal

1. Metal/Classical Rock ( OK cooome on!)

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Punk music ( ewww..)

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I disagree on both

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Personally out of the two I prefer Classical Rock and Heavy Metal, but this is a big discussion. Now look, this "Warped Tour" is old but i'm using it as a example and the Ozzfest. The difference you ask? Warped Tour is punk, and Ozzfest is metal/rock/classical. I personally despise punk music. When I hear any of MCR's music, Fall Out Boy, and The Used..I just tear my freggin' hair out. Now between the two, which do you prefer? I say metal all the way. Punk is disgusting to me. How about you?

You have to admit punk and metal have their differences? Right?

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Metal.

I don't really like punk metal since i'm not at all a fan of listening to a group of teenagers whinge about their hormones.

3. Merrick

Merrick New Member

Metal. Much more fun than punk, and less annoying.

4. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Metal all the way. I was raised on Metal and classic rock like a lil bird so no way in heck am I going to disagree with it.

Punk isn't all there. as Kane said I don't really like punk metal since i'm not at all a fan of listening to a group of teenagers whinge about their hormones.

All to true as well XD

5. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

Okay guys, you're all just perpetuating the stereotype that punk (you're actually thinking of Emo, punk is like The Ramones or whatever) is just "Teenagers whining about their hormones". Not all of it is, and the lyrics aren't the most important part of the music (I much prefer the inventive guitar).

P.S. I voted punk. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME PEACHY!:eek:

6. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

yea ok im a fan of both but none of that crap good charlotte crap *shudders* thoese guys are dumb retards but i am a fan of the ramones and thoses types of bands but i do like the metal and such i mean im a fan of any thing that is pretty much rock because anythings better then rap

7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Yeah..I like Prog rock. :3 Yaay me! ^_^

8. Alchemy_Dude

I think you're alone on that one, Lucky. Unless you count The Mars Volta, in which case I'm a fan!

9. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Teenagers whining about their hormones sounds more like emo music to me, not punk.

You have to back to the origins of punk and listen to that stuff - The Ramones with Blitzkrieg Bop, and I Wanna be Sedated. Then you have Sex Pistols with Anarchy in the UK and I Fought the Law. And there's The Misfits with Where Eagles Dare. If you listen to these songs you'd know that punk is about fighting the system, not about whining about being dumped.

For more recent stuff look up some Asian Dub Foundation and Rage Against the Machine and Billy Talent if you want some good punk music.

I guess I see what you mean about whiny voices though. Some of these bands like Fall Out Boy and The Starting Line have a few catchy songs but they are totally destroyed and seem like noobs when compared to Ramstein, Metallica, AC DC, and Iron Maiden!

10. Chance

Ramstein? Pssh, lame. Heh, let me tell you about music. Music of the 70's and 80's was defined by bands like Queen, Rush and Frank Zappa. They made their own sound, and didn't give a damn what people said. Punk was never that big of a deal because people didn't know one punk band from another pop band. I have kids throwing names at me like Billy Idol, then I have kids saying stuff like Good Charlotte. Look kiddies..Listen to what you want, but honest talent isn't what punk or metal is known for. Give me screamo anyday over what you kids listen to today.

Yeah, emo..I listen to emo. =D

11. Alchemy_Dude

Yeah, I could have guessed from the Plain White Tees. And for the record, Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte, and The Starting Line aren't emo. They're pop. Or Emo-Pop. Whatever, they're just not Emo. Emo is Taking Back Sunday, Armour for Sleep, Brand New, or Thrice. Trust me, I know my Emo.

And That Guy!, you forgot The Clash! Know Your Rights is the ultimate anti-establishment song of all time!

12. Chance

Pssh, I don't listen to Fallout boy or MCR because they arn't even scratching the emo surface. Emo Is Hello, Goodbye and Isle of View. <3 And I love Mars Volta..Hence I added them on that site you pointed out to me. >.>

But Mars Volta is the exact Opposite of Sparta and they both were once At the Drive In. God that band rocked. They were great prog..

13. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I listen to Indie Rock a lot. :)

The Arcade Fire, Mogwai...though I guess it's pretty much bordering on Indie-Pop.

Anyway, who cares? Good music is good music. As long as we all agree that Good Charlotte can go jump off a bridge. :)

A wide range of music tastes makes for a well-balanced individual. I'll just as much listen to the Sex Pistols as I am to listen to Babyface as I am to listen to some Motown.

14. Chance

The arcade Fire? o_O Love 'em. Rebellion (lies)

15. Alchemy_Dude

Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) is better, in my oh so humble opinion. And yes, At The Dive-In kicked total ass. I'm a much bigger fan of The Mars Volta than Sparta, though. They got the better ones:D . Hey Izzy, you should give The Shins a listen if you're into Idie.

P.S. Lucky, what's your listener name on iSound? I'm American_Gentry. I need some new friends, and my friend requests are mostly spam these days.

16. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The Shins are great. I'm really getting into the new Broken Social Scene album though, since it's so dynamic. Had it for a while, but haven't given it a thorough listening yet.

The new AFI CD's great...has some 80's influence in some of the work... :)

17. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

s=is that the CD with Miss Murder on it if it is i want it

18. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Yes it is. Davey does a great cover of Head Like A Hole too. :)

BTW: Current Arcade Fire fave is still Neighborhood #2 (Laika).

19. Alchemy_Dude

I think Davey is becoming WAY too Emo (sorry for the awkward term, but it's what fits). They used to be more hardcore, but they're moving in a very different direction. I still like their music, but I wonder where they're going to be on their next album.

20. Chance

Lucky is a Scenester, and knows for a fact Davey is the emo god of the month. Heh, straight edge and all, he's got alot riding on his image and appently it sells. I say, go for it. Makes him hot.

Heh, I love Silver and Cold though. That song makes me cry. Memories attached honestly.