Music Punk

Discussion in 'Music' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Jul 23, 2002.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

My sister's got me listening to a bit of this lately. Most of it sucks, but I've found a few bands that stand out.

The White Stripes - This band has one really good song, Fell In Love With A Girl. Singer's really hard to understand, though.

Propagandhi - This band is actually banned from radio play in the USA. That makes sense, considering that about half their songs are about how much they hate Americans and want to see them die, **** The Border, for example. Most of their hostility seems misplaced, and reports show that they are against capitalism, communism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, punk bands, fascism, Canadians, Americans, voting, and anything and everything that either is or is not them. Their lyrics are annoying and piss me off more than having a colony of sock-eating aliens living in my dryer, but are worth noting for their opinions and that their music is actually not that bad. They're also pretty much the only punk band without a guy with really big spikey hair.

NOFX - Very short songs, most of them suck. Some are hilarious, though, like Fun Things To **** or I Gotta Pee. FTTF seems to poke fun at how most punk bands have the deep philosophy of "**** everything". They never seem to care, but only want to swear.

Well, that's enough out of me for now.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I like some of AFI's stuff. Bad Religion is okay too. A New Found Glory does a lot of covers of songs - I think their version of Ghostbusters is really good.

3. rei

rei New Member

uhm.. punk hmm.. i used to be all into punk. more street punk, than any of this though. i ended up looking like a cross between a hooker and a rooster whee fashion and hair is concerned.. but i got over than quickly.. it grew boring, downward spiral in the name of angist leads you with nothing but a hang*over and no future but i suppose that was the point all along.
    the white stripes are actually a folk*rock band, or at least i though... very good, but not punk.
    Propagandhi.. uhm never got into them.. no arguemant there i suppose, cause ive never wanted to here them.
    and nofx was never ever ever my taste.. theyre terrible..

other bands that actually say something and are rad, and have that lovely spikey hair are: a global threat. the unseen. conflict
    and some old one w/o the hair: dead kenndys. subhumans.
    yeah.. good bands.. ive seen most of them and still listen to them.. eh.. im not sure why i wrote this.. but high*five for punk rock.. i guess cause it still around.

*heart* rei