question about these quotes from SFE

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Jul 15, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

this is my last and final question does anybody no what these two quotes mean that i got from SFE

We will go back to the original Japanese GATCHAMAN masters for video quality.

Phil

The Bommerang version will be the original version you remember, with no changes, just inproved video quality. The feauture will invclude the CGI Zark and new voicing for him.

Phil

ps i will never ask this dumb question again

2. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

Is not dumb. Truth be known, I haven't a clue. It's too technical for me. " I'm a dummie,Jim.Not a genious."
    lol

3. Youthanasiac

Youthanasiac Guest

My take on this is.....

(1) The original Japanese animation (as used in Battle of the Planets) will be replaced with the same original Japanese animation from the masters. Basically, everything will be the same but the visual quality of all Japanese animation in BotP will be better as it is taken from the original master tapes.

(2) The improved video quality will be becuase of (1) as stated above. All footage of 7-Zark-7 in Centre Neptune will be replaced with new CGI animation featuring a new 7-Zark-7 (with new voicing)

The above is in a way a good thing and a shame. A good thing becuase it may appear a little less choppy in terms of the quality of animation throughout AND also becuase the new 7-Zark-7 animation & new voicing may not be as cheesy/patronising. A shame however becuase it appears that all of the footage cut out from Gatchaman will still be missing. Still, I guess there would be no way to add all the missing footage unless: a) they re-assembled the original voice actors or (b) got in other voice actors who could impersonate the BotP originals almost perfectly (for the 'cut' scenes).