Video Games question . . .

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by yakamashi, Feb 3, 2004.

1. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

okay, this is real lame but what's PSX?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

That depends. There are "two" versions.

The first was the ORIGINAL Playstation. You remember that, right? Had a flip top? 32-bit graphics?

If not, then I hope this will jog the memory.

[​IMG]

The other one is the newly released one. My boss seems to take a liking to calling it the PS2.5.

Basically, it's a Playstation 2 that's fitted with a DVD Burner, a TiVO encoder, a network adapter, and a hard drive like the Xbox. It's also a slot-feeder, so you don't have a tray feed like the PS2 does. It's white, and is currently around 800 dollars. ^_^ Oh, and it's not released in the States, yet.

[​IMG]

And there's your "OTHER" picture. ^_^

Edit: To further clear possible confusion...I believe they both share the same name because of when they were created. The original PSX was discontinued before the PS2 came out and renamed the PSone. Thus, the PSX logo was up for grabs...and was attached to the new PS2 upgrade.

3. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

If I didn't already have a PS2 and TiVO I would want one more but I already have both. I have one question does it have one harddrived shared by the TiVO and PS2 or does it have two one for each or does it have one only for the TiVO

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

One. There are actually two sub-versions of the PSX.

One comes with I believe a 120 GB HDD. The "base" model doesn't come with a burner, or something like that.