Television R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Orion, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Orion

Orion Gears

Yes, it's true. That crazy Crocidile Hunter is dead... I won't get into the details, so I'll leave you all with the link to the whole story. Never thought this guy could die, heh.

http://comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=16327

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I always thought he was kinda annoying but now that hes gone i kinda feel a little sad about it. He loved his job and animals until the very end.

3. Chane

Chane Audience of One

And his family. Wife and two kids.

Pretty much agree with what Kain said, though.

4. Orion

Orion Gears

So maybe he was a little annoying. He still put himself at risk of dying on T.V. Then again, that's pretty much what America wanted to watch. He'll still be missed by a lot of people, and I feel badly for his family who has to cope with such an unexpected loss.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

I agree with User18. it sucks that he went the way he did and he did do some cool stuff. I bet none of you have the guts to do.

1 person likes this.
  6. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

yea its sad but at least he went doing somthing he loved. He went out on top of his game my friend said. Yes it's very sad he had a daughter didnt he ='( sad...

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Someone told me about this late last night/early morning. I find it rather sad. Steve may have been odd. But I did like watching his shows. He kept them interesting. You could tell he truly loved his job and animals. He also made it understandable.

Who hasn't said crickey?

He will be missed. RIP

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Steve Irwin dead

It seemed like something that had to happen sooner or later. Still a bit of a shock though, especially that I haven't seen mention of it on TV yet. I see it's all over the net though, so most folks probably already know. If you're like me though and didn't: http://my.opera.com/present_day/blog/show.dml/444199

It wasn't a croc, but a stingray that got him. He's only the 17th known person ever to suffer a fatal injury from a stingray :(

His outrageous accent bothered me, but his shows were entertaining. Too bad for his family, and I'm sure he'll be missed.

9. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

I find it weird how he died.... a stingray, who would have thought? Too bad he's gone... He spread information on species that were generally misunderstood and maligned by society. He also tried to stress the importance of not killing these animals just because they were potential threats to humans. He really got out there, I mean even to people in little villages. Sure most people thought he was at least somewhat crazy (who in their right mind would mess with a black mamba?), but at least he tried to get some actual knowledge into peoples' minds (whether it worked is debatable).

He'll be missed, that is for sure. I wonder what Australia Zoo will do with out him.

10. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Are you guys kidding? He was the friggin' Crocodile Hunter! He got his rocks off sticking his head in adder dens, pissing off mountain lions and playing chicken with highly venomous spiders. Did you, or him for that matter, actually expect him to die at 80 years old in a retirement home?

Hell no.

That's a pretty badass way to go, by the way. One I'd say is fitting for the great croc hunter to pass on. Only 16 other people, evar, can say they were off'ed by a stingray. This guy lived and died by adrenaline.

I salute you, Steve Irwin- The man who lived more in his few years than anyone here ever will.

~W

11. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

He's only like the third person in the whole world to die by getting stabbed by a stingray. What a sweet story...."So, how did your grandfather die?" "Old age, how did yours die?" "How did MY grandfather die? He got stabbed by a mother f***ing stingray!!!" hahaha.

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I think that was always present in the back of my mind. I mean, I'd watch him playing around with crazy stuff and comment on how pissed off they're getting at him, and just wait for that moment where BAM, their mouth closes down around his head, or BAM, highly toxic bite from which he doesn't recover. After repeated viewings, I started to get the notion that he was so crazy that it made him kinda indestructable - I mean, of course he wasn't, but it was almost like the "Corollary of Nature and Stupidity".

Although I never expected a stingray. He's played around with things far more lethal. And even with the sting, the fact that it was the impact and not venom that did him in that throws it all off.

Still, he was only human. I hope his family recovers from the loss.

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It was to happen sooner or later, he will truly be missed, but there are very few people out there that you can say lived life to the fullest, and Steve Irwin was one of them. When I heard early yesterday morning that he passed away by a sting ray shot, I was like thinking it was in the leg.. it was all over CNN, but my husband told me. If you get a sting ray blow to the chest, I'd say you are a goner.

umm.. this article says he got shot in the heart and ripped the barb out himself.. ><

msnbc:

"CAIRNS, Australia - Steve Irwin was videotaped pulling a poisonous stingray barb from his chest in his last moments of life, officials said Tuesday, as tributes poured in for TV’s “Crocodile Hunter.”

Police said there was nothing suspicious about Irwin’s death and no evidence he provoked the animal. Irwin, 44, was stabbed through the heart on Monday while snorkeling with a stingray during filming of a new TV program on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.

John Stainton, Irwin’s manager who was among the crew on the reef, said the fatal blow was caught on videotape, and described viewing the footage as having the “terrible” experience of watching a friend die."

14. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I heard about this on the radio the other day. At first I thought it was a joke, then I was all like, whoa.. that guy really did die. IT was kinnda sad, because he was pretty amazing at what he did.

15. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

So ironic he died of something so unrelated to crocs. >>; Oh well.

16. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

I did not go through a single class withough hearing something about his death. "OMG did you hear Steve Irwin died" "No way how?"

It was a sad ending with his children and his wife mourning his death. It upsets me.

17. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

That makes this emo kid feel bad. ;_;