Current Affairs Racist police in Katrina rescues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luvweaver, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Takamatsu1986E

Takamatsu1986E New Member

oh me too lol.. but ech.. thousands have escaped, 2000 are settling within 20 minutes of my house within the next week or so.. the first 1000 are already here.

2. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

lol

Basher you can walk really far that's wonderful. There are alot of people who couldn't walk half that... or wouldn't want to.

It is one thing to have a plan, another to know how to enact it. People never test these evacuation plans, citing some excuse. I doubt the populus would want to... it's hard enough to get gradeschool children to do a fire drill or tornadoe drill, do you expect that it would be any easier with "mature independent" adults? Of course when a disaster does happen people either sit there doing nothing or panic like a herd of cattle after a gunshot. Then afterwards they sit around wondering why there wasn't a better plan or pointing their fingers at others.
    Yes the majority had warning...
    some where idiots, kinda like those people who have hurricane parties...
    others felt sucure in there homes...
    some did not want to have to sit for hours in the lines of traffic that fled the city...
    etc.

Russian Roulett is a very good example for some people who stay... that is almost what it is like to them.

Eh some people don't think things through too well. Many of them could have left and didn't. Maybe they will think the next time a hurricane comes. Many people have forgotten how terrible a hurricane can be. Some times it takes great tragedy to open peoples' eyes.

3. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

thats because his Brother is govner IN florida.. Thats why he was so fast to go help..

Yes its the state that has the disaster to act first.. but this was a disaster off the scale of the norm.. Frankly the intire situation is just a large Blunder.. I mean its something No one was ever prepared to deal with.. SO yeah its gonna get really sloppy trying to get things done..