Ranma 1/2 Ranma Season 8?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by chapjunk, Sep 28, 2004.

1. chapjunk

chapjunk New Member

I have every episode of ranma 1/2 seasons 1-7 all the oavs and the two movies. I'm dying to know if there is a season 8 and if anyone has any informaiton on when it will come in english or if it will. I've searched all over and can't find anything out.

Just one of those things, you gotta find out how it ends :p

2. dianne04

dianne04 New Member

season 8?

is there such a thing? for what i know there's only 7 seasons. 11 ovas. 3 movies.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

You're finding nothing, because you have it all. Season 7 was the final anime set for Ranma 1/2. No more has been produced since it was cancelled back in 1992 in Japan.

It is true that it leaves off without a definite ending. If you have the urge to find out what happens past that, you'll have to turn to the original manga, I'm afraid.

The last episode is when Ranma first meets his mother, which appeared in volume 22. If you just want to pick up where the anime left off, you could continue on from there all the way to the final volume, 38.

Consequently, I highly recommend all of the Ranma 1/2 manga. There are many stories within the volumes that aren't included in the anime, and a few that differ in some respects. It's a highly enjoyable read, although very daunting at 38 books.

4. chapjunk

chapjunk New Member

ah bummer thanks tho, do they have the manga translated into english? or do I need to learn Japanese?

5. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

They do, but I'm afraid it hasn't been translated in its entirety. I've seen titles in the high twenties floating around, and the number grows increasingly higher with every new release...so I'd reccomend picking it up ^_^

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

VIZ has the rights to produce Ranma 1/2 in English, and did so first in comic book format.

More recently they have also been publishing the series in graphic novel volumes as well. They are readily available, and pretty much anywhere you can find manga, you can find Ranma.

According to VIZ's own catalog, they have at least up to volume 27 right now.

A few years back, a number of fans that were tired of waiting for VIZ to release the manga bought up the remaining volumes in both the original Japanese and Chinese. From those, they did scanning and editing rework to release the enitre remaining volumes. Was a tremendous effort, and actually how I was first introduced to Ranma 1/2.

7. Qarion-kun

Qarion-kun New Member

i was actually looking for a season 8 when google send me here. i just finished watching season 7 and the ova's but not yet the movies. after seeing this thread i checked up my files and found out that i have an english version of the manga up till book 38. try www.boxtorrent.com ;)