Recreation Ranma Style

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cloud, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all -

It's still a work in progress but you can reskin the forums using the new Ranma style in the User Control Panel.

It's nice and bright :) Suggestions welcome!

I think the next competition will have to be to design a skin for the M2A forums!

John.
    --

2. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

yup the ranma skin is bright*pulls out shades* :cool: i think ill have to go with the botp - its more of my mood at the time. you said suggestions welcome so may i suggest a cowboy bebop skin?:D i would design one...oh wait im so not a techie and would probably end up destroying my computer...^.^ just a suggestion?
    --------------------------------------------
    the Light illume you

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I like it. Sure is bright, but it is great for a change. Good to be able to switch up once in a while.

And misc now officially has more posts that anime..
    hmm, are our interests drifting? :D

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I think I'm burning out all the yellow pigments in my eyes!!!

But wonderfully, done... you'll have to let us in on any documentation needed to create one of these skins!

BakaMattSu, three guesses to what kind of style he'd dabble his m33g3r 4r7 skillz in!

5. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

How to do a style.

Well basically the main elements I used in the Ranma style are the logo (vBulletin_logo.gif), the Panda dude (vb_bullet.gif) and the background.gif. Then I had to choose colours for the various areas (table header, table colour 1 and 2 and so on). I also replaced the default buttons with yellow ones I got here.

There's a forum describing how to create styles at vbulletin.com: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=10

As for adding the style, it'll have to be myself or BMS that adds them as the image files have to be uploaded and the style colours defined in the control panel.

You can have a look at existing image files - I've tried to keep some consistency in it - the files are in www.mangatoanime.com/manga/vbulletin/images/custom/blah where blah is default, botp or ranma.

J.
    --

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Not to be a pain...

Any possibility (once you get some itme, that is) of maybe creating a single zip for those examples (for possible use as a template) ? It's pretty time-consuming to save each individual file as it stands...

And, there are a number of unused files in those as well, aren't there (AIM comes to mind)...

BakaMattSu, "Cleanup, Aisle 7, Please!"...

7. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

How so, "Mamio"?

Try asking again that when Misc beats out the total of *all* the Anime/Manga boards (SMJ, Nade, Ranma, Sailor, Bebop, etc.)...

If we didn't have those boards, Anime'd be splitting out it's sides right about now!

9. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Changed two of the images in the Ranma style - the bullet has changed from the just a panda to Genma-Panda-san chasing Ranma. Also made the background image a bit more random (I wasn't happy with the way all the squiggles were facing the same way!).

:)

John.
    --