Music Rasputina

Discussion in 'Music' started by artemis836, Feb 27, 2005.

1. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Well I was digging through the music vault at WVFI (the internet radio station I work at) and I found this cd by a band called Rasputina.

I must say you should all check them out if you haven't heard them.

Its gothic rock with female vocals, which you say is nothing new, but the cool thing about the band is that they don't use electric guitars

They use electric cellos.

Its sweet, symphonic rock, in which they will be playing their strings quite beautifuly then crank up the distortion and WHAM.

Well check them out, I highly recommend them.

2. AngelicDemon

AngelicDemon New Member

lol... You seem new to the gothic world. Rasputina is what we call ethreal music which is part of the goth culture. Yeah you don't need to have guaters to play goth music. Many goth bands like Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Voltaire, Faith and the Muse (all goth) use varity of instruments from the violin to synthetic music. It isn't new actually and the music can be almost classified as new age sometimes. If you enjoy Rasputina you should check out the other bands mentioned.

3. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Wasnt a big fan of Voltaire though I did find his Star Trek parodies quite hilarious, espiecially USS Make **** Up. As for Faith and the Muse I liked some of their stuff but personally Im a big Velvet Acid Christ fan and really dig Switchblade Symphony.

Also are you much of a fan of Assemblage23

4. AngelicDemon

AngelicDemon New Member

Velvet Acid Christ is more industrial and some of their songs are ok but they seem to repeat many of their albums and they way they produce songs which drive me up the wall. I heard of Assemblage23 but I been so busy I haven't has a chance to really listen to them. Voltaire really is more folk humor. He plays more folk type music then goth but he also has a tendency to make fun of goths which holds a heart to counterculture. Faith and the Muse really changed during the day with Rozz Williams. They really have a new age feel to their music.