Eirtaku Reasonably priced manga....

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Charlie, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Hey, Irish folks, the comic shop 'Sub City' in Dublin has some manga stuff at a reasonable price (Manga Collection for 11.98 euros.) Also, I've seen X in HMV on Grafton street for 16.99. Jus' thought I'd tell ya.... ;)

2. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

The "manga collection" DVDs are cheap everywhere, and with good cause. They only have english audio, and are by and large not very good. X might be a good buy, but I've heard many accounts of it's badness.

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

The price of those mangas depends on what it is. I got most of the Love Hina mangas in Forbidden Planet for around that price. The only really cheap place i can think of is a conor shop on Temple Bar. I can't remember the name of the shop but i got Ranma 1/2 volume 1 in there for €14. But the collection of mangas is not great. Just like Sub City. Forbidden Planet is the only one with a decent selection even if the prices are a bit higer.

4. Cirfia

Cirfia New Member

That shop in temple bar is called Crow's Corner, they also buy and trade manga so since they're second hand (good condition though) they're pretty cheap compared to Forbidden Planet.

5. centrax

centrax New Member

I've found Forbiden Planet to be the cheapest place in Dublin to get manga with pretty much all books costing €11.30, not the best but they do have a good selection. Other than that it is buying them online, and hoping delivery is not too expensive. I'll check out Crow's Corner at the weekend and see what they are like.

6. Charlie

Charlie Guest

I've seen those Manga Collections for between 15-20 euro around(rip-off!)....that Crow's Corner place is pretty good for comics/graphic novels/magazines.

7. centrax

centrax New Member

Still not the best, but all the new manga in FP seems to have dropped to €10.45. Its a step in the right direction.

Can anyone recommend anywhere online that has cheap postage (along with decent prices on their manga). Amazon has good prices, but the shipping usually makes the price end up about the same as if I had walked into a shop in Dublin

8. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

look on eirtaku.com

where the forum has moved to..