Reccomendations forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sieghardt, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

I have an idea for a forum where the users here could ask the others to reccomend a title similair to one they like and/or are looking for. Such as...One user asks for a game similar to Hitman, and someone tells him to get Sniper Elite, etc. It could work with music, movies, tv, games, anime, and so on.

Anyone? :)

2. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

This thread belongs here.

As for recomendations....I'd see this more as a spammy forum with everyone trying to get information.

Not saying it couldn't be done or it's a bad idea (I'd use it), but it would require heavy modding if people would post as much as i figure they would be....

- Kaiyon

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I can't see a lot of use in the forum, to be honest. While people do like to get suggestions as to anime they'd want to watch, I don't think we really need to devote a whole forum to it.

But ehh, if it will be made, it will be made. Null vote. (meaning neither yes or no)

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Positive, great idea to be honest

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I'm with Rag. If we wanted 'Recomendations', we could just do it in the Forum. Besides, the 'Reviews' should be enough of a reccomendations....

Still, it may help make it easier for the newbies.

I won't say null, I'll only say do whatever's best.

-Seishin

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

The more forums we have the more sprcific the catgories will be. It will be too confusing to post when there are so many various forums..

I, for one, don't know where a specific forum goes to..

I remember we used to have events forum, we had birthdays, leaving, comming back anything as long as it is an event. Now it is Celebration, therefore many don't know where to post sometimes, or I don't know where to more a thread to.

I am in all favour for a new forum, if and only if it will be used alot and be useful (i.e. I quote Rag and say Null Vote - How about from now on we call it a rag vote? :p).

7. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Odd, but I don't think this is a bad idea at all. As a mater of fact I think it's really good. If you like anime similar to Kanon, Bleach, Kenshin or any others this would be a fine way to get reccomendations for more of the same.

However, what's to stop people from simply going into the anime or rec forum and posting up a thread about the exact same thing?

I give it my thumbs up, however it should be known that there are other ways to go about doing it as well.

I second that.

~W

8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I see how it would be useful as long as people don't over do it.

I vote not the rag way. Hahaha (I vote positive.)

9. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Anyone else wanna debate on yes/no/maybe so? >_>;