Square Enix Recommendations

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by User18, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Chronicles has 4, right? Play that. Cecil and co are way cooler than Cloud-tachi, Squall's team, and Chrono's friends. As for FF9, I don't know much about it.

But play 4 if you can. By far the best.

2. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

you should play ff 7
    i find it a great game though by todays standards the graphics aren't the best but there are some good graphics
    my advice s to play seven and if you do don't overlook anything or forget the plot

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Actually, I'd completely stay away from Chronicles. The load times are totally horrendous, and you'll find yourself waiting a minute just to get in a fight.

I'll say to play VIII. It's a great story (once you get the whole thing), and it's not easy nor is it too hard. It's also rather quickly paced...though the Draw system hinders it a bit.

I'd play IX next, because...well, *I* haven't played it yet.

Then VII, because as overplayed as it is...it's still enjoyable.

But avoid Chronicles altogether. I have it too, and all it does is sit there and look pretty.

4. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Yes yes, it seems that me and Izzy are the few who actually enjoyed playing FFVIII... A game which deserves much more credit. Give it a chance, don't let FFVII draw your attentions from it. Although that too is a great game. Hell... just play both! Easiest way to resolve a dilemma.

- Shen

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Not to mention some of the most moody music in the whole FF series. =]

1 person likes this.
  6. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I loved FF VIII...it was one of the first FF games i played and the story is pretty cool and as Izzy mentioned " quick paced". Then I would go to play FF VII because that is one wicked game that you should play over and over again.

7. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Definitally FFVII it has one of the best story plots ive seen in my life in fact if i still had it id be playing it right now,second i would go for Chrono Trigger its pretty good i didn't get enough time to beat it cause the kid i borrowed it wanted it back,third i would go with FFVIII i loved how squall's attack can be a critical almost every time..

8. nomad-alpha

nomad-alpha New Member

yeah i wore my trigger finger out on 8.. also on X-2.. its tough gunnin 3 gunnerz...

9. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

Yeah Final Fantasy 7 is a game you should play. The artwork isn't the greatest but some of it is well visible. But you should try it out for yourself and see what you think from your own perspective.

10. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

With FFVIII make sure you make good use of 'draw', a method of stealing a certain quantity of whatever magic your opponent has. This could include GFs by the way (equivalent of summons from FFVII). *hint hint*

- Shen

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

And remember, gaining levels is not of any importance in this game. You don't have to kill any monsters that you encounter! Just Draw from them!

I love beating this game below level 25. Then again...it's fun beating it at level 100, too.