RPG Requests Request: Anime MXE

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Novus, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

I had this idea in my business class today ... I should probably pay attention to the lecture instead of thinking of these stupid ideas, but anyway, here it is.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is a TV show that's sort of imported from Japan. They use the Japanese footage and then just pretty much make up their own dialogue and dub it over. It's pretty stupid, but really funny at the same time.
    The show puts two teams against each other in a competition. Each contestant must parttake in a series of odd challenges. If the challenge is failed, it is usually in a very painful (and often humourous) manner. That contestant is then "eliminated". If a contestant completes a challenge, their team gets a point. Whichever team has the most points at the end wins.

I propose an anime-based version of this game. It will feature two teams, of course. The first will be anime characters. The second team's composition is kind of up in the air, but I'm thinking video game characters (of course, this is not set in stone).
    I would like each team to consist of at least four characters. I will allow each player to play one or two characters, but if they play two, they must be on the same team. I will, therefore, require at least four players, assuming each player has two characters.
    The challenges will be of my own devising, and you can bet they will be both comical and devious at the same time. All in good fun, of course.
    I will feature myself as the announcer, plus one other person if they are willing to vollunteer.
    The end result of this game will not so much prove which characters are superior, but which side has the most creative, the most dedicated, and the most RABID fans.

If this game gets off the ground, it will likely be fairly short-running, as all it will require from the players is the name of the character, what they are from, and a description of them. After that, it's just a matter of them completing the challenges I will propose, which will be determined and announced if and when the game begins. I will excercise a bit of GM-control on the process of the game and character selection, of course, to keep things fair.
    This game is to be just a fun diversion from the other games in the community. I hope it gets picked up because it should not take up a moderator's slot for too long, and also promises to be fun for all those involved.

2. Fushigi Rockna

OMG, I HATE THAT SHOW! :p We put the F.U. back in fun alright. :p

Regardless of the fact i despise that show, even if I didn't I don't think i still would accept this. i ahve only one slot left, and I can't just waste it without thinking it completly through. I don't think this RPG would really get anywhere, so i have to say, I reject it.

And once again, I HATE THAT SHOW!! :p (just for the record, you understand. :p)

3. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

It's an interesting idea, but at the moment I'm a bit busy with other RPGs. Rejected for now, but propose the idea again in a couple of weeks I'm pretty sure I can take it on.