RPG Requests Request: Final Fantasy I

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Novus, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

I had a thought that it would be interesting to play FFI, but with the twist of the game becoming free-roaming and non-linear. I like the basic idea with the crystals and all, but not the go-here-do-this set up. With the approval of a moderator, this game could get off to a quick start.
    I will GM this one myself, and four players will be needed.

I have a few special rules.
    To begin with, there will be a separate thread containing character data. This will include Strength (which will affect damage), Accuracy (chance to hit), Intelligence (relating to magic), and Speed (relating to things like initiative). There will also be damage and defence, based on the current weapons and armour equipped, which will also be listed here. I'll have the information in this thread stored on my computer for my personal reference during gameplay.
    In combat, I will use two separate systems: the d20 system, and the "honour system". I will require total trust in and from the players. Nobody likes a cheater. When you attack, you will roll a d20, add the number I will give you in the characters section, and I will tell you if you hit or not, based on the target's defence. Damage will be rolled using an alternate set of dice. If a player does not have dice, I will be happy to roll for them, or they could have another play do the same.
    Magic will be handled the exact same way as it was in the original game. You buy your spells, you can hold up to three spells of a given level, and you will have a fixed number of times you can cast your spells of a given level before you need to rest. Magic damage will be random, using a dice system similar to attacking.
    There will be another thread containing financial data for each member of the group. Each character will have their own wealth, and there will be a pool of party cash as well, based on how the players want to contribute.
    I will also post data of monsters the players have defeated for their reference, should they encounter the same monster again.

There will be a few differences between this and the original game, as I will be adding more NPC's and side-quests, and will allow more opportunity to role-play. Character interaction will be key.

A potential player must tell me this:
    Name: something creative, please
    Class: Fighter, Thief, Monk, Red Mage, White Mage, Black Mage (more details to follow)
    Preferred Weaponry: what kind of weapon you like to use (not saying you'll get it right away, though). If you want to play something like a White Mage with a sword, I may allow it, even though the game did not
    Appearance: what you look like
    Personality: a bit about what you act like
    Background: a bit about your past, should ideally include how you came to possess one of the four crystals.
    Element: which of the four crystals you possess (Earth, Fire, Water or Wind)

If more people want to play, I could change the story a bit to add more characters somewhere along the line.

Now, the classes will each have their own abilities, and they will get more as they level up, but here's what they start with:
    Fighter: Able to equip pretty much any weapon or armour, giving them an obvious edge over others in physical combat
    Thief: Able to steal an item from a monster once per battle, with a random chance of success
    Monk: Gains multiple attacks faster, packs one hell of a punch ;)
    Red Mage: Can use most weapons and cast certain white and black magic spells. Good at everything, but does not really excel in any area
    White Mage: Uses healing magic and magic that destroys the evil
    Black Mage: Here comes the boom! Lots of destructive magic

There's more on the combat system too, but I'll get into that if and when this thing gets started.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'd adopt it, but my slots are full right now. I just can't look after more than three at the moment. Perhaps in a week or two, though.

3. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I'm personally not interested. Rejected. If BMS doesn't adopt it anytime soon maybe Fushigi Rockna or Meaikoh will, who knows.

- DS

4. Novus

Novus Gone

Hey, if this doesn't catch on, be sure I'll bounce back with something else. I'm not one to be daunted by a rejection.

5. Fushigi Rockna

I'm not interested either. Sorry.^^

Gee alot of stuff seems to be hanging on Meaikoh lately huh? ._.

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

My slots are open again. You still interested in doing this Novus?