Art Returning artist, seraphinx, with new artworks

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by seraphinx, Jun 14, 2005.

1. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I haven't been around much for the past year. I used to be so active in this Art forum back in the days, posting nearly every day, as well as doing my best to post in threads that had only 1-3 replies yet were pushed back to the 2nd page already. Anyways, I thought I'd share some of the stuff I've been up to. I've also evolved into other kinds of anime-influenced art, so you won't see typical cell-shaded anime art from me.

First one was a drawing for two friends (a couple) who got me a sketchbook for Christmas (thus these two characters are sort of them). Isn't teamwork adorable? :)

Second is Colia, a minor character for my upcoming manga/comic. She's a "dark," somber person who will never smile. T_T

Third was my attempt at drawing a simple bishounen. I've drawn guys before, but I tend to make them simple looking rather than pretty. :dizzy2: I drew it on my old tennis stationary paper, that's why my name is on the top.

Last is my anime convention artwork, "Gothic Girl in Blue." I spent 20-30 hours CGing it, down to the very pixels. T_T Yeah, given enough time, I could make all my CGs this good. I didn't see who got to buy the 8x10 inch, glossy matted printout of this that I made for the convention. I wonder if some nice gothic person has it up in their room now. :)

For those of you who don't know me, you can click the links in my signature to see more of my artwork. :eek:

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Oh, well, its good to know you're using the boards again.

As for the drawings, not so much for the stationary guy.
    The brown side one was ok...but the Danimal one was preety good. That my favourite outta the three.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

i really Liked Danimal,

the other to were Aright.

good work nonetheless...

4. Feena

Feena New Member

ah, bishounen <3 I like that one. I don't know: his face is just really, really nice.

Also, 'Gothic Girl in Blue' is cool, very nicely done. Quite creepy, she sort of jumps out of the screen a a bit and just stares at me @_@ I like that nice, soft style. Anyways, all very nice stuff.

also also: Welcome back! =D

1 person likes this.
  5. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

good to see a familiar face again. ^^. your style is defining itself more. I can't remember you doing real proportion pics before. is this new?. that chibi with the dynamite is cool.>_<

6. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

The art of Seraphinx is back! And they still look good, as always :)

Welcome back!

- Teddz

7. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Yeah, the guy's face was what I was really concentrating on, rather than the pose. Next time I'll draw some guys in complex poses.

Thanks! My Gothic Girl went thru a lot of changes, and actually looked creepiest when first starting out (she had darker shadows under the eyes, and her proportions weren't as cute). And I used a different technique for CGing her.... notice that you can't make out any outlines? That's cuz I didn't use any lineart! (I went straight to the airbrush.)

Not really new... I've been doing "real proportion" for several years, just that I don't show off more than 20% of my stuff. Most of my more realistic drawings are still sketches. This drawing started off as a sketch, but then I CGed it in graytone. If you're talking about realistic faces, yeah, I hardly draw realistic faces.

I am a lil proud of my Colia CG though, cuz I used a similar coloring style as my Gothic Girl (but with lineart), and I experimented with several new things... colored lineart, and a background that affects the tones of her skin (so that the lightest parts of her skin actually turned darker, making it seem like the light source was coming from the other direction).