Current Affairs Riots in France!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ciel, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

There is insane civil unrest in France right now. Riots, kids throwing gasoline bombs at hospitals and police officers.. all because 2 stupid kids thought police officers were chasing them so THEY HID IN A POWER SUBSTATION AND GOT ELECTROCUTED! Since they were of Mauritanian and Tunisian descent this leads minorities in France in upheaval.. what the hell is going ON?!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9891709

Chirac thinks France can do better for minority youths to feel more accepted by French society...

what do you think?

2. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

ok wait a sec...i thought this all started because the prime minister there made a racist comment about the ethnic minority over there?

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

That too. Here in Europe, discussion are at high stakes.

The riots will stop if the Foregin Minister resigns, as so it says. Unforunatly, he has no plans to do so...and it was he who stated those comments, calling people from the poor areas as "slum" and such.

Read this instead:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4413964.stm

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I personally see all this as pointless. If the 2 youths that died ran into a power station and then got electrocuted, how in gods name is roiting going to solve the problem?
    Aparently the 2 came from an area of paris that is neglected, where theres no jobs and its also home to most of the African and Arab communities. I think this is turning into the roits that took place in Belfast a few months ago, most of them are porbably kids who don't even know what they're fighting for, basically its just one lemming fallowing the other off a cliff.

1 person likes this.
  5. Orion

Orion Gears

Holy crap, 15? C'mon now, that's crossing the line. I understand that people will be upset about the two boys deaths', I would be too if I lived down there. But my point is destroying things isn't going to get you anywhere. Imagine the grief it caused to those who owned those cars!

So the more they riot out of control, the further away they move from their goal, whatever that may be. I'm saying these people just need to calm down and take a deep breath, analyze their current situation, and maybe help, not destroy.

6. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Oh thats nothing, the other day they burned down 1/3 of the cities buses in a bus depo. What really actually p***es me off is the new that they've started attacking a hospital. I hadn't heard of that until i read Ciel's post. I can totally see doctors wanting to help them when they get injured and brought to the emergency room.[/sarcasm]

7. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

k yeah i think this whole thing is just retarded...theyre ticked because those 2 kids died and because the prime minister made racial comments about them being a bother to the french community (or something along those lines)....

First of all, how is destroying yur country going to fix 2 pointless deaths?
    Secondly, by rioting, theyre just proving to everyone that the comments made by the prime minister are actually true! and now an innocent man is dead. How many more pointless deaths are gunna come out of this?

ils sont stupides!!

8. Orion

Orion Gears

Attacking hospitals is wrong in so many ways. 1.) You can hurt innocent people who are hurt and can't do anything about it, 2.) You can hurt people who are trying to HELP you, and 3.) You're getting yourself in even more trouble than you're in. I seriously hope they pay for all of the damage and hurt they have caused France, and any other city, and to all people they've hurt.
    :anger2: