Movies Rocky Horror Picture Show

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Raven, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

I beat at least a few of you people out there have seen this movie. What with its insane plot, original songs, and crazy cast. Just what do you think of it. I for one love it and I own the video and the soundtrack. I am even going to go as Rif Raf for next halloween. But do you guys think its crap or genius?

1 person likes this.
  2. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Actually, to tell you the truth, I couldn't stand this movie. I walked out only half an hour into it. I'm sorry, I just don't stand for that particular brand of humor. Call me what you will, I still didn't like it at all.

3. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I happen to 'dig' this movie. I love the plot, dance, music, and costumes. I go as Magenta every month. so... LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!

4. Novus

Novus Gone

I, for one, loved the music, but hated the movie itself. I don't really understand what all the fuss is about.

5. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I found it rather disturbing. The music was ok, but I never want to really see that again.

6. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

PURE GENIUS! I loved it! My friend Vivian looks EXACTLY like that one girl... *is not talented with names*

7. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Have to say its one of my favorite movies. The music is insanely hilarious and how can you not love a film where Susan Sarandon sings about wanting to be dirty? Hehe. Riff Raff is by far the best character and I love the actor who plays him. Not only did he play Riff Raff but he also played Mr. Hand in Dark City, another movie I love. And to top it off he wrote all the music for the film, how sweet is that.

Im a big sci fi junkie and love old B horror/scifi films so all the gaggs really get me.

And it really gets my heart racing when I take that jump to the left,

But I must admit its the pelvic thrust that really drives me insane.

8. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Now, over a year later, I've seen it twice more and gotten a lot more into the humor of it. I enjoy it a lot more now than I thought possible when I first posted in this thread. :p

9. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Ahhh I love that movie!!! Its a cult classic. Its insanely hilarious and I love the music. And. . Damn it. . Janet, I Just love that movie. =P

I'm just a sweet transvestite... from Transsexual Transylvania. :)

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I think it's a preety good movie. I wouldn't call it like "Whoa!Man it's the best!", but it's preety decent, and that's all i have to say.

-SakataKentaro

11. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Tim curry in fishnets...A sure sign of a Film classic. It was one of the first recognized films of it's type, and started the careers for many of the actors in it.
    Touch me, Touch me, Touch me! I want to feel dirty!

12. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

A great cult-movie... I like it, but my sister... shes almost obsessed with it! a great movie, although it IS a 'bit' strange.

13. Feena

Feena New Member

I saw this for the second time just a few weeks ago and I love it <3. It's not my favourite film, all the same it's funny but sometimes the songs grate a little I think. I can put up with that though =]

14. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I havent personally seen it, but I've heard great stuff about it. I think Ill rent it. Heh!

-KaiyonTormentor

15. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

You haven't seen it? I thought everyone flamboyant had seen it atleast once...XD

16. Swallow Jinpei

Swallow Jinpei New Member

Seems I`m in the minority again, as I am on every discussion board I go on.

I LOATHE Rocky Horror with a passion. It`s not funny, it`s a musical, and I just don`t get it. But that`s not why I hate it so much.

I hate it because of it`s fans, who for some reason, can`t seem to understand or accept the fact that someone out there may not like it. My wife, for instance, bless her. She hates the fact that I don`t like it, and makes me watch it at least once a month to help me "get it". I still don`t, and never will, it`s just not something I`m into, and my mind drifts off, or I end up reading or something.

17. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I didn't get it when I first watched it.

The second time I thought it was pretty good. I think it is one of those movies you can really only watch it about twice a year or it gets old. I thought the music was great. The plot, eh.. was odd. All in all it is a B movie.

18. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I was wise to take advice on this movie, and it defenetly was worth my time.
    I've seen it two times, but thats as far as I'll go for now.

-K

19. Saikira

Saikira New Member

I saw this movie once...mostly because my aunt made me... but it was good. It took me a while to figure out that guy was not trying to imitate Marylin Manson, he just happened to dress like that.

20. Raphael

Raphael New Member

Brilliant film, one of my all time favourites. Oh, and artemis836, Riff Raff (Richard O'Brien) is also the guy who created the entire Rocky Horror, music, script et all