RPG Requests RPG Request: Halo RPG

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ZakoSoldier, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

The UNSC has just landed on a small mineral rich planet. The only problem is that the covenent have mines on the planet. For about a month the covenent have not noticed the humans. Until a search grunt has to search the planet since so elites have noticed so human shaped shadows. Then a stupid searcher (for berries, nuts, leaves, meat) gets noticed. The grunt reports this info to 'Ahrenazee, the mining colony leader. So now the hunt is on. It is one month later so humans have figured out what the mineral is Covenantium (the batteries used for energy weapons.) Earlier that year the humans had discovered how to use the covenantium. So the humans have an infinetly large supply of battery making the playing field a little better. They call for reenforcements and low and behold they get a generation 3 Spartan. This is not just any Spartan but the son of 117 (Master Chief.)

Rules:
    There will be two RPG forums in begining.
    There will be 3 RPG forums when the teams meet

I will play the Spartan
    I will apoint 'Ahrenazee
    These will be GMs

You can be of either team

There are classes of each speies
    Human classes are snipers, techies, and strike teams
    Covenant classes are jackels, prophets and battle legions

it has been more than a month since the last offical suggestion
    please 'dopt

2. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Halo's a fantastic game, but I just don't think I could get into an RPG like this. Sorry, 'jected.

1 person likes this.
  3. ZakoSoldier

I know this kinda sounds stupid but I would like to ask what is wrong with it. I don this not to critize but to see what I could improve.

I would also like to make this note: I will use facts from the books so no making up a back story to halo

4. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

There are no stupid questions except the unasked ones. (Think about that, it makes a queer sort of sense).

The main problems with your idea, eh? To begin with, Halo isn't exactly an RPG, and that makes it difficult to adapt.

Second of all, I'm not especially confident in my abilities to help such an RPG along. As previously stated, I don't think I could 'get into it'.

Doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad idea, just that I don't want to adopt it.

Ja ne,
    MT

5. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I hate unoriginal RPGs. Too bad for you, rejected.

6. ZakoSoldier

Ok I am sorry about this Arc but I would like to know that makes the RPG request unorigianal (pardon the spell)

7. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Why would you be sorry? It's not like I'd refuse to answer your question.

It's unoriginal because it's based on something that already exists -- Halo in this case. Why don't you go take a look at Old_Coyote's Sticky? Maybe posting in there would give you good ideas.

8. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Why yes, I am saying I am against the idea of the Trigun Returns RPG. Not that I hate it, though. That kind of RPG can become interesting, I just like something new with a fresh plot.

By the way, next time you call us mods biased, why don't you just keep your post the way it is instead of editting it out? As a reminder, notification emails include the original version of a post in them, and I do read those.

Have a nice day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.