RPG Requests RPG Request: Shadowrun

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The_Stranger, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

This is my first request for an RPG, so I'll try to make it good. It is based of a my favorite genesis game. I later discovered it is also a fairly popular pen and paper RPG. Also, Shadowrun originally came up with the concept for the "matrix" years before the movie.

Storyline:

It has been nearly eighty years after an event called the Second Awakening swept the world, returning magic and the supernatural back to reality. From this event, the very face of humanity was changed. Many men and women underwent severe changes in both body and mind. They became creatures once thought to have a place only in myth and fairy-tales. Nearly half of humanity became creatures that would be known as mythic beings. These mythic beings formed a number of different races, some became elves, others orcs, yet even others trolls, etc. Reports poured in documenting people who had the power to manipulate reality and nature itself. This became what is known as magic.

Fast forward to today. The year is 2085. Due to the chao's that came about during the Second Awakening, Religeon and world Governments lost power the the rich and powerful mega-corporations. These Mega-Corps came into control of the world not by way of force or faith. They put the world in their palm by using something far more powerful. They gained control over the flow of information, the very root of all power. Everyone is on file, everyone is under constant survaillence... everyone except a subculture of "invisible" outlaws known as Shadowrunners.

To a Shadowrunner, things like politics, nicities, and faith are meanlingless. To them there is no such thing as good or evil. There is nothing but survivel in a society that (in some way or another) cast them out. They are not rebels, and few consider themselves outlaws like the gangstas and Mobsters. They are mercinaries and bounty hunters, who are willing to do just about anything for the right price. They are made up of all types of races and species, and specialize in all three types of realities.

--------------------

The Three classes of Shadowrunners and the Three realities-

"Samurai"- This is the provincial warrior. These are the most common type of Shadowrunner next to the Decker. Street Samurai's specialize in the "Real World". These are your strong-arms, your thugs, your ex-soldiers, your hitmen, etc. Most elite Shadowrunners of this type are known to get cybernetic implants.

"Decker"- The ancestor of the modern day Decker was known as the Computer Hacker. They number a little less that the Street Samurai, but on the whole, they make the most money. They specialize in breaking into computer mainframes. Their true power lies in manipulating the realities of a companies computer "Matrix." Here they do virtual battles with computer defense programs, "C. Double D's" (Corporate Defense Deckers), and the infamous (And very much deadly) Black ICE programs. The prize for their success is valuable information, control over company security, and/or better software. They get their name Decker because they use a computer Deck that plugs directly into their Cerebral Cortex (i.e. Brain).

"Sorcerers" and "Shamans"- These are your modern day magic users. Good magic users are hard to find, but they are an absolute gem if you come across one. The difference between Street Sorcerers and Shamans are the types of magic they use. Sorcerers (also known as Magicians) use magic pertaining to manipulation of reality. Elamentaless energy, ESP, telekinisis are their forte. Shamans (aka Warlocks) deal with magic relating to nature. Both are relatively equal in power. Magic users are also known for keeping Mediums, spirits from the astral planes as servents (sometimes as slaves, sometimes as friends). Which leads into the Magic Users battle ground, the Astral Planes. Astral Planes are simply alternate realities in which no physical form exists. Some examples of different astral planes are the Realms of Rage, Hell, Heaven, Fire, Love, etc. A magic user can only increase his or her magic power by learning to manipulate these Astral Planes. They also travel here to get information from a particular Spirit or Ghost.

--------------------

Special Rules-

Although I plan on having a Free-Style battle system, I will keep up with character stats. I will do this to keep track of the differing levels of power a particular player has gained.

Also, I will use a courtesy system. When a person first joins, they will be granted a courtesy point. If they perform or demonstrate an impressive deed, they will be granted another one, and so-on and so-forth. Courtesy points can be spent a number of different ways, but mainly they are used to manipulate the storyline. The more points you spend, the further you can manipulate the story.

NOTE: You can go through the game without ever using a courtesy point to enjoy it. I will, however, list what you can use courtesy pts. for and their costs.

If accepted, I'll elaborate on Character Creation, as well as more background information about the game.

2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I haven't done this in a while, but.. consider this adopted. I am glad to see there are still original and fully developped RPG Ideas out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.