RPG Game Masters RPG Rules

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Basher, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Does anyone else think we need to edit it?

http://www.mangatoanime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12201

To me it doesn't look to good. We could also add in the reason for a sister thread. It should help lessen some confusion. BMS did do a nice job but apparentily some people just don't get it.

I just want to edit the Decrees. I went in and edited what was bascally written.

1. Storys are supposed to be thought out and have developed storylines. Moderators have the right to close threads at any given time.

2. Only 2 RPG at a given time per GM. (Unless approved by a Moderator, I think that should be added in.)

3. No copyrighted material without credit being given.

4. RPG in active for 1 month are expired and will be closed by the moderators. AT 6 weeks of no activity you will be able to view the RPG in the RPG archives. (I was hoping to change it to 6 weeks because no one has sent any old RPG there it looks like to me)

5. Was the same as 1. (Don't see why we should need it.) New one working on. Character limit.

*New ideas*
    6. Moderators have the right to choose stories to be more developed into. Which means they will bascially made into their own RPG section. Like DoD and Masquerade.

7. You need to post in the Sister thread and be approved before posting in the In-Game.

8. Any problems most be taken up with the GM then to the Moderators. Any posts wanting to be edit by the GM please PM the Moderators and at their discreation they will edit the post.

Obviously they will need to be better written. I just noticed a few annoying problems. Like when someone takes over your character.

So in BMS we should add something like A note about Other Role-players Characters
    Do not play anyone elses character. This is highly frowned upon and will recieve bad Karma.

[edit]I went and archived all but 1 page after noticing mass archive. Anyway I'll finish up by the current rule later.
    Another matter at hand.

9. Anyone who are not able to Role-play for any reason and still would like to continue RPing at some point in that RPG most PM the RPG GM.
    And either post in a thread Away Notices or Sister Thread *either is fine with me* The GM will do whatever with your character at their discreation.

This will get rid of those annoying away notices. [/edit]

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

The "decrees" sticky should be scrapped, and anything still valid harvested into the main readme:
    http://www.mangatoanime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8297

There is no reason we can't have everything in one place to read - multiple rules threads make it questionable for which to read.

As Arcueid had done in the past, feel free to edit the rules sticky to update/add anything agreed upon by the RPG mods.

3. Basher

Sounds like a good thing to me. Neph? what about you?

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I say on the weekend we get together in a chat and consolidate the rules into one, unified structure, fine tune the wordings for the best clarity, and then post it.

5. Basher

Over and done with for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.