Rurouni Kenshin Fans Unite!

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by TagZrael, Mar 26, 2003.

1. koenma

koenma New Member

I hate toonami's dubbed version they can't speak the names right and that makes me mad

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well you have to remember there american actors doing the best that they can...you cant blame them for not being able to pronounce japanese names or words...although if they say sakabatou sword thats going way over the limit -_-x Saka=reverse/reversed Ba=sound change on the Kanji for ha which means edge as in a sword edge Tou=sword this kanji means sword anytype of sword aka katana wakizashi, Chisagatana etc... so by saying Sakabatou Sword your literally says reveresed edged sword sword....and thats one of my pet peeves about american Rurouni Kenshin...

3. Battousai

Battousai New Member

I think move the unedited version of RK onto the Mid-Night Run.

How does that sound? Makes the most practical sense.

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

well like i said earlier in this topic even if they do move it since its already been on day time TV it'll be the exact same...just like Outlaw Star you'll never see the uneditied version on Toonami...

5. Battousai

Battousai New Member

I know its really pethetic, bad inspiration to the new people just watching the anime.

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

go here http://www.planetdvd.com.au/browse_alpha.asp?pg=135&cs=7756VUJJNYNGYNLT ,buy the DVD's and watch the Japanese version with english subs. The dub of Kenshin shown on Toonami just doesn't compare... It seems a bit too happy and at times and seems liek they want to turn it into Captain Planet XD Kenshin did have his philosophical moments in the Japanese subs as well, but they were awesome in that and in the English version it just seems like he's a kidergarten teacher preaching to kids or something, imho.

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

that dubs will never be able to compare to the real Rurouni Kenshin and i doubt it ever will

8. Battousai

Battousai New Member

" Dubs can only go so far." It seems almost hopeless for unedited Rurouni_Kenshin to be aired on a CN. Thought I feel 100% with your decision, it will not happen.

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

it wont theres no way you get that changed...like i said with Outlaw Star since it was on day time tv first then it will be the exact same on the Adult swim so it pointless to try...

10. Sagara_Sanosuke

Sagara_Sanosuke New Member

They should keep showing the good anime on toonami instead of replacing it with retarted cartoons

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

ummmmmm...ok sure...well anyway as i was saying dubs are very hard to edit because you have to recurit the Voice actors again to edit the parts...

12. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

HAHAH Hitokiri Gensai you are so funny! Sure ALOT of things bother me about the dub but i watch it because of the story line sure it has words pronounced wrong and it gets really ANNOYING and theres less blood and violence...but all the same i don't feel the story has changed and thats what got me hook on Rurouni Kenshin not its hard to pronounce words for americans or its bloody fights...but its story and message...my thoughts...:)

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

well i own the whole series so i love to watch the series a correct all the mistakes they make ^_^x;

14. DistantSamurai

i do that too...so in a way i don't mind that much...at least its on tv...but in a way i hope it doesn't get popular..i don't know why...its just the shows that get really popular start to get trashed on and its stupid....

15. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I understand you say it's good they introduced it to the North, but I gotta disagree. Anime is almost always messed up when they translate it. The one good thing is that they'll probably animate the last ark now, but then the stupid businessmen will have it to where they keep stretching out the storyline until it's painfully stupid just so that they can keep making money. My two little cousins run around screaming about "Baloney Kenshin" and "the legendaly loolooni", since they can't say rurouni, which is pretty cute if you ask me, but that's beside the point. ;) I spit on the American TV series! *patooi* :D

Wow, that came from nowhere.... sorry to interrupt your conversation! Toodles! ^_^

16. Hitokiri_Gensai

well technically the last arc already has been animated. besides that they may bring the movie to TV like they did for the Endless Waltz.

17. DistantSamurai

CN signed a contract for all 95 eps of the series and the last arc has allreay been animated by the way...and about the movie i don't believe it included the OVAs or the movie...but i do hope it comes out!!!;)

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

well the movie's already in english under the title Samurai X: Requiem for the Ishin Patriots. which btw in english SUCKED.... XD it was SOOOOOOOO much better in japanese. just like Nausicaa

19. DistantSamurai

well its always like that...nothing is gonna be better than the japanese version....

20. Hitokiri_Gensai

*sighs* yeah too bad there isnt a TV network that only showed subbed anime....