Rurouni Kenshin Manga Realise Date Confirmered!

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Teddz, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Yes, Viz Comics has the honour to translate Rurouni Kenshin Manga.

First Graphic Novel will be realised November and it will be a 28 volume long Manga Arc.

There is a little preview though for those who buy Shoheun Jump. The October issue contains a little preview of the upcoming Manga :)

- Teddz

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Sounds good. VIZ is really good translator. I hope that they keep it un-mirrored like DBZ.

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

this should be interesting...im almost afraid to know how much of content has been edited out...well ill have to compare it with the japanese version i suppose....chances are the manga will be released like an american book...but then they probably will release a version thats mang style as well...i think they call i "100% authentic manga" or something close to that...they keep the reading direction japanese and they leave all the sound effects in japanese and put a small translation next to it...

either way i hope to buy them all cause i love RK to no end...ask me anything about the show or the manga and i can answer it...garunteed....

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Manga, unlike anime, doesn't get heavily butchered when it comes to publication over here - we won't see blood wiped out all over and entirely cut scenes like CN did with RK. I'm fairly confident in Viz, and expect to see a quality "right to left" translation.

Of course, at 28 volumes, I'm not going to be picking up any of it - just not a die-hard enough RK fan - and DVDs would definately come first, if at all.

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

true true...but there are some lines that im sure will be seen as "obcene" such as a line from the Kyoto Arc Shishio punches Sano into a wall Sano: Kuso (sh*t) Shishio: Kuso wa omae ra da ro. (you are sh*t)

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Ah, you mean langual edits... those usually do get toned down. I don't really see that as a loss IMO, though. "You're weak!" or "You are ****!" pretty much get the same point across...

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

true true...i guess im just kinda old school in my ways...i just prefer the real stuff...

8. Sanosuke

Sanosuke New Member

Hello all, I am doing well here in Tokyo, Japan -- in my last half of my trip here. Will have to get those pictures up ASAP after I film footage and snap pics at the Imperial Gardens here in Tokyo.

I have acquired the last portion of the Rurouni Kenshin manga volumes -- at least I did pick up the actual Japanese version so I have something close to my heart that is authentic.

Sanosuke!
    Tokyo, Japan - 2003