Saber Marionette Saber Marionette R Licensed

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by YokoburiKinura, Feb 15, 2004.

1. YokoburiKinura

It's been reported over at AnimeonDVD that Media Blasters announced this weekend at Katsucon that they had picked up the license in Region 1 for Saber Marionette R.

So, if you haven't already suffered through/I mean, had the pleasure of watching it by fansub, you'll finally get a chance (no thanks to Bandai USA)...

2. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

o_O i thought it was already licenced, Locomotion(tv channel i watch) has been airing SMR for about 2 good years now, or even more....

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

It may be licensed where you live, but you live in region 4 :D It hasn't been licensed in region 1 until now.

Unforunately for Media Blasters, I already endured it along with YK and UK and I'm not sure I'd pay money to do it again. Maybe for completeness' sake.

4. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Weird, I specifically remember Bandai releasing SMR on tape here, and I'm pretty sure they were bootlegs.

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'm along c0ke's line of thinking. R has been licensed and released previously, in VHS format on a single tape, yet not on DVD until now.

I'm certainly surprised by Media-Blasters' annoucement, however. I still very clearly remember R being on the bandai-ent release schedule back when I was complaining about J to X's delayed release. On the other hand, this would explain why it mysteriously vanished off the release list altogether a few months later.

While R isn't exactly stellar material, I wouldn't say it's completely torture, either. I will probably cave in and grab it, "for completeness sake".

6. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Well, at any rate, Media Blasters have pretty good dubs/subs. I, at least, am resting at ease. (Then again, I still haven't seen all of J, or any of J Again, and just bits and pieces of J to X...)

Chejo -- I don't know how Locomotion goes about their dubbing and stuff, but no matter what they're weird. I would see some episodes in unsubbed Japanese and some in Spanish. XD I particularly loved the Spanish dubs, but whatever. Locomotion is what got me into SMJ to begin with. ...I think maybe Bandai bought the rights to their Spanish dubs of J, and MB did the same with R? But yeah -- I know nothing. ^^;