Saitou cosplayer pic redone

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Sanosuke, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Sanosuke

Sanosuke New Member

I thought I would throw this picture up -- Its origins are from a cosplaying convention picture showing Saitou, Aoshi and Sanosuke all in a lineup -- I took out the other performers -- Aoshi and Sanosuke cosplayers and this is my result of the edit:

[​IMG]

Enjoy the picture! :)

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

sweet picture!!

3. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Nice hair! Nice font! ^_^ You actually did pretty good!@

4. Okita

Okita New Member

Dang, that's pretty good, I haven't seen too many that imitate Saitou that well.

But, because I am a perfectionest in some ways, I feel the need to point out some fundamental flaws. Largest being that he's using his right hand...Gatotsu is a left-handed attack. That's the only one that is obvious. If you want to get all specific and obnoxious, he doesn't have enough bangs (Saitou averages on 4 bangs), the Gatotsu doesn't have the edge pointing up, but to the side pointing away from him, with varying degrees depending on which version, but it's never completely vertical. There is also usually a large crouch, although sometimes it's much less so and he's nearly standing straight, and the stretched-out hand is not all cupped-like, but kinda spread out and more to the side. The jacket's kinda puffy too... And yes, I know I have spent too much time studying the Gatotsu.

BUT, I'm kinda critical of others at times and I still think it's quite impressive.

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

well the true form of the Gatotsu has the sword held "ha" up with the sword over the head. eitherway that sword looks rather short...

6. Okita

Okita New Member

Are you sure? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that the normal Gatotsu stance (Gatotsu Ishiki I think...) is holding the sword slightly below the shoulder, and the one holding the sword over the head is for downward attacks...

But, now that you mention it, that sword does look kind of short...

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

very short...hmmmmm...it might be a wakizashi...my katana is 42 inches long...thats the length that im supposed to use according to my height...well i cant tell the consplayers height but the position that hes holding that sword it would be roughly 26-27 inches long putting it under the shotou catagorey...anyway the Gatotsu sanshiki is over the head...

8. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

I WANNA SEE THE ONE OF AOSHI!!!! ^__^ LOL...nice pic...I like the way it turned out!!

Misao

9. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Hmm, I noticed that he didn't open his legs more, I mean, instead of being || they should be more as /\ and maybe even more, I don't know really, I am not an expert, specially with Saitou :p

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

he should have his right leg extended out almost as far as the kissaki of his sword and his rear leg back about to the end of the tsuka of his sword...

11. UFOtaku

Yesh, yesh, and he should be in a back stance. ^^ I didn't even pay attention to that! And now that you mention it, his back hand should be farther up, and his left shouldn't be so rigid. *rambles on*

12. Okita

Okita New Member

Yeah, Saitou kind of hunches when in the stance, and his feet are supposed to be farther apart than the length of the sword.

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

id imagine that as rather hard considering that fact that at his height his katana would be around 40-43 inches long...

14. UFOtaku

Also, that sword was computer added-in, wasn't it?

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

perhaps but im not sure....