Art Samantha Airon

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Holly Jolly, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Guess who.

[​IMG]

Any thoughts whatsoever should help greatly since this is apart of a "project" I'm working on. So please, tell me what you're thinking...as far as drawing, design, error, and such goes.

Thanks.

2. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

really good pic...the drawing & the design is good ..but she looks short & i think that if you change the color of her hair it will look better coz the green dosnt look good with the suit ..
    keep up your great work & show us more..

3. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Well, I could be wrong, but I think that's the woman from Metroid, and I believe she had green hair, though I could be wrong. And, considering my history of making an *** out of myself, I probably am. :dizzy2: Don't know, just remings me of her. Anyway... only real complaint I have is just stupidity. How the bent knee is lower than the hand that seems to be flat against something, but there are ways around it and such, I'm just being picky. Besides that, I think the pic's great. ^_^

4. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Samus Aron I think was her name. The armour kicks ***, looks real cool. The only complaints I have are the head doesn't look quite right, it's probably the expression and the size of the hair. Also that arm seems to bending an awful queer way. But it is cool.

5. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Yeah, the hand and leg level thing is a big error, I just didn't feel like dealing with it since it was late-late by the time I finished.

Yes, the actual arm is exaggerated, since more curves gives it a cartoonic look. The hair may be too big, but I wanted it to look huge and poofy like in the 80's, since Samus had green hair in the 80's. Thanks for the comments.

Yes, this is a Samus remix. So would anyone actually like...let's say read a comic with characters like this in it? Just wondering.

6. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I'd like to see a pic of her from a different angle, but yes I think I would. It's quite a cool looking character.

7. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Sure, I would. ^^ Always willing to try new things... well... sort of. :p But yeah, I'd read a comic. ^^

8. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

I don't think there is any problem with the limbs.
    They are exagerated, but it's an exagerated pose so I think it suits it.
    The armour is done nicley too.

For me the problem is the body and the head

The body seems to be bent or hunched at an awkward angle.
    The waist seems to go straight out from the hips but then it twists too much and bends when it gets to the upper body.
    It could just be the way I'm looking at it. Maybe the detail on the armour is throwing me off.
    But you can see a large neck muscle above her right shoulder which makes it look like she's in a hunch, maybe if you got rid of it it could sort it out.

And the head I just don't think suits the pose at all.
    If it was turned the other way maybe.
    I just think it really throws off and otherwise good drawing.
    Maybe a darker shade of green would go better too.

well, I hope I've helped.

9. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Hmmm, I think I see what you're saying. As for the neck muscle thing, that is actually there to define the shoulder blade in the back. Does that make sense? Okay, I'll mess around with a darker green next time, and see what happens. Thanks.