Debate Same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Novus, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel New Member

im going to voice my opinion whether you want me to or not. like i said u people cant take a joke. but i apoligise for offending the gay people in this forums place. i realy dont care if gay people r um how they r. :(

2. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

My problem wasn't with your posting of your opinion, it was with the complete and utter lack of reasoning behind the opinion. Post what you think 'till the cows come home, but back it up with at least one reason.

2 people like this.
  3. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

That so true. some peoples Arrogance and ignorance astounds me. They talk about what they don’t like, and how they don’t like how some people live or how they chose to be. Its not THEIR problem so why should they give a Flyin **** about what we do or not.

That’s what's wrong with people, they can take care of everyone but them selves and when it all comes down to it. They need to fix themselves more than the everyone around them. Its all those close minded people out there that don’t even want to try to understand. Its just awkward to them so they just don’t like. Some people don’t like it because of their religion, guess what you don’t have to like it or except it just keep it to your self.

If it wasn’t for my girlfriend I wouldn’t be here any more, So im thankful for her and appreciate her more than anything.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dreamer

Dreamer New Member

It's true that people will probobly continue to debate this subject til the end of time. The thing is that, while people should be free to have their own opinions, they should not discriminate. It is one thing to not agree with the way a person lives their life, it is quite another to discriminate against them.
    What concerns me is that homosexuals are caught in the middle of this debate. I myself am bisexual. It is kind of scary to me that sometime in the future, if I happen to fall in love with a girl, I may not be able to wed her.
    some people try to justify this by saying "oh well if they love eachother then what's the big deal, they don't need a marriage." Everytime someone says that I want to ask them what they would do if they could not marry the one they love. A wedding is to many people, including me, more than just a ceremony. It is the first time you and your significant other can furthur your relationship to a higher level.
    Marriage allows you to become closer in that you show most openly your love for eachother and be blessed for it by the ones who attend the wedding as well as god.
    Is it really right to deny someone of this because of their sexual preference?