Satan?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Mordeth, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

>because they aren't as easily offended as you are

UH excuse me, but If you re-read the posts, you can see which posts are more full of flames. I only repost here because I see more and more flames that i feel need to be answered. So, if you want to keep throwing more straw to the fire, sure, go ahead!

Or you can close this thread and forget about it. Sorry...

2. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Oh, I get it now. So saying that people should be woed because they aren't offended is defending yourself? Okay, I get it now. And you could have just as easily forgotten about this thread yourself, you know, so don't think you're able to get off scot-free.

3. luvweaver

No, i'm not saying that. I'm just saying that when dealing with such subjects (i.e. religion) you guys should be at least more polite instead of using terms like 'anal retention', 'attention-crazed kindergartener', etc. etc., and inventing more and more ideas that i NEVER stated. All i've seen you do is turn my statements into exagerations and then ridiculizing those exagerations.

Example 1:
    "It's rather immature and stubborn of you to say that he had malicious intents with naming his character after the Prince of Darkness."

Okay, quote my own words where I've said that he had "malicious intents". OK, quote me. Show me my mistakes. As I said before, your concept of MY religion is mistaken. You're not attacking my viewpoints, but rather your own interpretations of them.

Yes, you have presented your arguments in favor of Akira Toriyama. But is it necessary to use so many flames in order to present your defense? All I ask is a little respect, and if you can't have this little respect when stating your opinions, well, I'm sorry for you.

I presented my viewpoint, doing my best not to insult you guys (and sorry if i did it unintentionally). But I think that you feel much more insulted than I have, due to the flamishness of your replies.

The woes i mentioned early weren't directed to you, but to those people who consider themselves "christians" or "catholics" but are apathical regarding these subjects.
    If you're not christian, then you shouldn't feel offended by that. I don't have the right to judge non-christians by my standards, simply because we were raised in different religions.

I didn't come to this thread to "convert" you, nor to make you angry. I just wanted to express my opinions.

And you have all the right to reply "Well, that's your opinion, keep it , but you won't make me change mine. Thanks for sharing".

4. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

You saw what your first post(s) got you out of responses from people and yet you still continue to dwell and unravel the spiraling innards of the conversation and it's meaning, going more and more into depth, and you wonder why you gate flames and negative responses? I'm going to be the bigger person here and just flat out say it. It's over, it's done. You have your opinion, keep it. Don't ruin it for the rest.

5. luvweaver

6. Vash

Vash New Member

Ai to heiwa no tame ni I am willing to let this thread rest also, albeit with gritted teeth.
    Ookini, ArkAnjil to Mordeth.

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

oro... I guess this is where I step in. Everyone's opinions are rather interesting, but for some of it I have to agree with LuvWeaver, they shouldn't really have a character named "Satan" around the day the impossible happened. Although this is one reason why it was censored and changed to Hercule over here because the name is definitely freaky. Methinks it is really ironic how they named him so, because he sucks....(like the real version). It is also very strange how the guy with that name is the only one who befriended and almost converted the greatest, and most evil villain in the show, Buu. I think that there is some kind of symbolism as well, because well Mr. Satan as well is extremely greedy because he takes the fame several times from the main characters when they save the earth...

I'm sorry everyone, but I think I may have to lock this thread because there is too much flaming going on over it. I guess the name really is a curse ;) but I'll let it go on for a few more hours so you guys can conclude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.