Creative Writing Save Fanfiction.net!

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Lady Aoi, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

...From becoming worse.

http://www.petitiononline.com/KEEPNC17/petition.html

this is a petition asking ff.net to keep NC-17 fan fics. I am aware that many of you on this forum do not approve of such fics. However, for those who do, I would humbly ask that you sign this petition.

Thank you.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It appears fanfiction.net is becoming more and more of a restrictive zone... It is no doubt a direct result of their growing popularity over the recent year, which, if you are a usual visitor, will have seen with the server downtimes they used to have because of high traffic.

When a society gets that large, they try to clean up two factors:

1) Legalities. This is kind of strange, being a fan-fiction site, but now they are drawing lines from major personalities and companies, hoping to avoid flak from them (somewhat paranoid, mayhaps?)... Gone will be the gameshow knockoffs and the like. :(

2) Space. To save what they can, it appears they implemented a number of restrictions to filter out a number of stories...this started a while back with MSTs, and has now spread to Chatfics and NC-17...

In the end, I hope this progression stops, at it's becoming less and less of a usuable place....for me, anyway...

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Much as one hopes the progression will stop, it has already begun and isn't likely to. seems to be the way of things :(

4. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Hmmm I don't know. Maybe there will be a specialized NC-17 fiction sites.

I doubt they removed it because of space, but actually because of complains. On the site we read that most of the NC-17 stories are on fictions related with young audiences.

Let's see what happens.

5. Knives

Knives New Member

There already are such places, they just are fanfiction.net

My sister who also writes fanfiction for the net has now moved her operation to either a Yahoo Groups or is emailing each chapter to her adoring public! Total so far of her adoring public: 31 and still going up!

She was just about to turn her story to NC-17 and it can't be watered down so now my family is suffering from her complaints!

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Bah, I'm signing.

I can't write a gripping sci-fi/political thriller without getting a little dark...