Computers scanning problem help!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by TheGreatShinobi, Oct 15, 2004.

1. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

all right ya see i have this scanner printer faxer and copier all in one but the prob is i dont know how to use it. Its a BROTHER, MFC3420C all right heres how it goes i put a picture inthe place were it scans. then it said select scan i selected to go to email. and then it say press start so i press the black start button then it conects to my computer.
    these are the steps i take (I'm writng it exactly how i see it)red is what i put in

1.When you send e-mail, your name will appear in the From feild of the outgoing message. Type your name as youwould like it to appear.
    Display name: Sergey
    for example: John Smith

2.Your e-mail address is the address the other people use to send e-mail messages to you.
    E-mail address: the1surge@yahoo.com

3.My incomig mail server is a |POP3|(down arrow) server.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||IMAP| (i can choose by cliking on arrow)
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||HTTP| (i put those lines ther because if i space it wont be inthe right place)

Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:
    DONT KNOW WHAT TO PUT HERE

An (SMTP) server is the server that is used for your outgoing e-mail
    DONT KNOW WHAT TO PUT HERE

all right thats were im stuck the last one so please if any body knows what to do tell me for what step (1,2, or3) and what to put there
    ive never used a scanner

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Dont bother with that. Scan it to My Documents and attach it to an email seperately.

3. TheGreatShinobi

okay i took your advice and i think it worked but i dont know were to find it

see on the lcd screen it said scan to file so i did that and it acually said scanning after it connected to my computer but now i dont know what file to look into (my documents is big)

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

When you scan an image into your computer, there's usually a default area where it goes to.

The best way to find out is to open up that scanning program, and clicking on options to see where the actual image files goes to.

5. TheGreatShinobi

:D hahaha thanks man it worked the bad part though i have to darken my lines because i could barley see it and the thing is it is an old picture i drew it like a year ago and plus i allready darkend the lines once befor so when i figure out how to post images on this forum youll see the picture i was trying to get scaned (its sasuke and i really like the pose) :D

EDITE:i have another prob how do i send my pic to my e-mail address (if i have to, to post it up on this forums)

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

If you want to post it in the forums there is no need to any email address. All you have to do is click on "Go Advanced" if you clicked the quick reply botton and go to "Add Attachments". But attachments are not supposed to be more than 100k, so I'd advice you to find a host for images, like the one this boards provides. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. TheGreatShinobi

thanks for your help guys but now theres another prob, i cant post pictures, i was able to do it before i posted that sasuke picture in the Hey Im a new-B thread that I made, (i hope it fits requirements- I dont know what 100k is)

wait never mind i could put in images in other threads just not this one

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

100kb is a size limit. Kilobyte, as they are called, are smaller than the usual megabyte - 1 mb = 1000kb.

So basically, your picture has to be smaller than 100kb in the size. How to check that? Mark the file - right click - Propeties.

- Teddz