Creative Writing Seamus Heany is a fraud

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Red Raven, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Red Raven

Red Raven New Member

Shamus Heany is a fraud. That over rated pod person who is less interesting than playing crazy eights with a turnip is not a poet. His poems are mindless, more like passages from a book about his boring life. I hate him more than I hate Vic Reeves. He should die a horrible boring death! Actually I hope one of his poems ingulfs his bore, grows really big and then swallows him whole where he has to listen to his poems for eternity.

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

this is why i generalize on some things...i just hate poetry altogether....works easier for me that way

3. Red Raven

Red Raven New Member

And what the hell is poetry, theres no god forsaken definition. So this crap qualifies as poetry, I've got a gremlin living in my attic,I've got a gremlin living in my attic,I've got a gremlin living in my attic,I've got a gremlin living in my attic,I've got a gremlin living in my attic,I've got a gremlin living in my attic,I've got a gremlin living in my attic,I've got a gremlin living in my attic,I've got a gremlin living in my attic,I've got a gremlin living in my attic.
    And it's a whole lot better than Heany's work!

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hell, that's alot better than half the S*** i've been forced to read for classes....emily dickenson is another one that can die if she weren't already dead...least the world can do is burn every shred of her existance...but ya know, that's just my opinion.

5. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

What is this all about? Would you consider what I wrote, Reality's Justice, a piece of poetry? If so, then why did you say it was very nice? Unless your talking about the stuff that people are forced to read in class, that has nothing to do with us or our interests?

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i don't consider your piece poetry because it doesn't follow any of the poetry rules. it's more of a thought process to me. actually, more like dialog.

7. Cunning Servant

yeah I HATE putting out my thoughts in some stupid, contrived pattern. I limits the message you're trying to convey.... why do they have poem archetypes??? for those who lack imagination??? morons....

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe well, some ppl just like to know they're doing things right, and rules help. or it could be because some sick bastard thought it'd be a good joke to make rhyming words an art form lol

9. Cunning Servant

Literature is supposed to make you think about hidden messages and such, if you ask me. Rhymes do nothing of the sort, neither does having 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and then 5 syllables at that. You end with some quirky little series of sentences that only make you laugh a little because you say to yourself,"hey, those two words sound the same.... ha-ha." It detracts from the meaning altogether.

10. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Elizabeth Bishop is the worst poet in the entire world. Hate so much. Oh, but it is dirty. SO ****.
    That said however, I don't think all poetry is bad. I quite like Seamus Heaney. And others. Bleargh. Studying poetry bad, finding poetry you like yourself good.

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

the only thing i see that i like about seamus is the name...i'm pretty sure i've never read any stuff by him/her. i've had teachers that analized a bit too much into poetry tho...i mean, i know i'm good with words and all, but sometimes a poem can only be so deep..

12. Red Raven

Red Raven New Member

Here is a poem

This is a poem
    It was written by a gnome
    He spent all day
    Writing away
    Until he had to go home

By Me

Now heres how a poet would put it

I here, a gnome I
    Of poem which I hath written