Manga Sensual Phrase

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Nat's Revenge, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Nat's Revenge

Nat's Revenge New Member

Before I start I have searched the forums about the topic.

Anyhoo. I have started this new manga series called Sensual Phrase by Mayu Shinjo. It's great :D. Here's a description.

Aine enters a contest to write lyrics for a new band. On her way to mail her entry she is nearly hit by a red ferrari. Out steps this gorgeous guy (Sakuya)who apologizes for the accident. Unbeknownst to Aine, Sakuya gets a hold of Aine's lyrics and gives her a 2 day all access pass to a Lucifer concert. Upon arrival at the concert she notices that the lead singer for Lucifer is the guy who nearly hit plus he's singing a song using her lyrics. Close to end of the concert, Sakuya jumps off stage and abducts Aine. Backstage he tells her he wants her to write the lyrics for all Lucifer songs exclusively. This is just the beginning. What's to follow is a love affair between Aine & Sakuya. :sweat2: However this love affair does not come easy. There's danger and excitement at every turn.

Have anyone read it?

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Sounds like an odd story. Or, just another love story put in Manga. Sounds just a bit interesting, but nothing out of the particular. Usually, something out of the ordinary makes a great manga, but i could be proven wrong on this one.

-Seishin

3. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

hn... sounds... okay, i guess. but ugh. if i heard someone singing a song, using my lyrics, i'd bomb the whole nation! ... hn... well, it WAS gonna go into a contest though... but still.

but i guess seishin's right. it just sounds like another love story drama thing....

yet then again, it may be worth reading.

heh. it's not like i don't spend my money on junk stuff, anyway. :p

4. Nat's Revenge

Nat's Revenge New Member

It is worth the read.

I very rarely try new manga for I am scared to purchase them and not like them. I bought the first volume on a whim (so not like me). It had me hooked.

The art work is great. This Sakuya guy is to be a mix between Japanese & American. Only American trait is that he has blue eyes.

I hear they are now (2005) making an anime for it. Supposed to start air in Japan on Tokyo TV at 7 pm. However, they removed the romance & centered around the band.

5. Orion

Orion Gears

Hmm... Maybe I should read this Manga.

6. Nat's Revenge

Nat's Revenge New Member

You definitely should.