Art Setting Sunrise

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Holly Jolly, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

WARNING: The following image contains cartoon-like blood, and deep symbolism which may not be suitable for those lost in the many questions of life itself. Also for the sake of the forum, the image is provided as the following link because of its enormous size.

http://www.animeglobe.com/ubb/ubbhtml/uploads/the little thingsFINAL4.jpg

Okay, first of all, the dark shading in the blood and sky looks messed up from compressing the file for the net. So sadly that minor photoshop flaw ruins the image a bit. Sorry. :(

The following is a poem that gives many hints to the answers hidden within this drawing, try your best to figure it out! :) Comment, Critique, Suggest, or figure the puzzle out! :smirk:

Setting Sunrise
    By: Holly Jolly

Truth is passing, about to finally die,
    The dim corruption is mounting high.

Sunset rising into the ground,
    The children are killed without a sound.

Towering above the rest are twisted souls pinned with fame,
    The common people are who they set out to tame.

So little, so young, their day has just begun,
    Never knowing the difference, no need to run.

The liquid so thick, runs by their side,
    Knowing its victim no need to hide.

The pure water resides inside,
    But in the infected it does reside.

On the sandy rise the marked man grins,
    Spreading the joy, with no truth, there is no sin.

The children smile, not aware,
    Of the forged affair.

Those once young,
    Taste the bitterness on their tongue.

On the same level, but wise and tall,
    They can see from whence the food does fall.

Cleaning the mixed matter before hitting the cup-like platter,
    Looking upon the grand smile as innocent flatter.

The sandy base wasn’t firm like it should be,
    Perhaps calling for a lost sea.

It cracked and crumbled, the elite will die,
    Everyone will hear their pitiful cry.

But the sun goes by forgotten,
    Used, abused and trodden.

The u is uooting,
    No nation is saluting.

For one would say it is rising,
    But it is the fateful fall they are despising.

The people, the children live for now,
    But pain will come, it will endow.

For nothing is certain,
    Who will first see the curtain?

Will the legs be cut beneath us,
    Or will the blot on its perch be the one to fuss?

I’m afraid are minds are not at hand,
    Surely we will waste away before the sand.

Oh yes, the Sunset is rising into the ground,
    The children are being killed without a sound.

Merry Christmas one and all,
    Our gift was, and never will be the great fall.

Thanks for your time!

2. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

The 1337 will die? N00000000000!!!!

Oooo, now that's symbolic. Not 100% sure what it symbolizes, but it kind of oozes meaning. It's a good poem, and the picture is impecably done. I think you should write childrens books or something. Except maybe with a bit less blood. Keep up the good work.

3. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Funny you say that. I'm actually working on a Children's Book, but it is progressing slowly. I'm a bit busy drawing some other things right now.

Anyways, I'll be typing up a explination for you guys in a little while. But I'll still give you time to try and figure it out. :)

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hmm...welp, i'd have to say it's talking about society in general...the do now, the children will take care of everything aspect...that children are "protected" by filtering the truth to something they like. that we want to rise up in the world, and not acknowlege that a collapse is immenant(sp). that we as a society aren't built on the right priniples...they seem right, but deep down, they're self centered thoughts (the thunderstorm here is coming...i can here thunder ...hehehe it's kinda funny as i type this*^-^* lol big ol' storm coming...lol) and will fall once those that imposed them are gone. the children are having crap for a future while being told that they are the future...ew...they stand in the truth, and it's filtered to them in demeaning ways......

hmm...or not...i might be reading this wrong i guess...lol

5. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

Sorry I didn't read the whole peom, since I got really confused. I love the picture, and the peom though there great. I love that cat like thing in the pic it's soo cute. I'm really looking forward to hearing your explination. Good Job!:)

6. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

The poem is designed to give hints of what is in the drawing, not the overall idea, the poem is focused on results, while the image is designed for open-ended questions. So hopefully the poem helped reach your own results to the open-ended image.

First off, there are two hidden messages in this image, actual words, which describe what the symbolism actually points to. One word is hidden in the cracks, and says the word “DIE”; meaning the evil on the top will soon die. The other message is in the sky, written by the stars. On the left of the sky is “U” which is short hand for “YOU”; on the right side of the sky it says “4 gOt” which translates to “forgot”. When you put the entire sky phrase together it says “You Forgot”, and the writing then points to the sun, so it says: “You forgot the Sun.” These were dropped as hints in the poem, mentioning the word die, and forgot, and well as U. The Sun symbolizes two things, the nation and God. When America was created, a chair was made for the president; on the chair was a carving of a Sun. The Sun was drawn very much like what you see in my image, and asks the viewer, “Is the Nation rising, or setting?” Benjamin Franklin said he saw a powerful nation rising to greatness. Today, is it still rising? In this image it is suppose to be setting, and the evil leaders are now in prime focus. Also, it resembles God in speech. Words are not created on accident, and so Sun can be altered to Son, meaning the Son of God. One can translate who are savior is based upon their beliefs, but for this purpose I will refer to Christ. He is the Sun, the Son of God, and he is known to be the light, like the Sun, is this light growing, or is it being forgotten? Is the “nation” forgetting “God”? What was the nation founded on?

The creature dominating the picture represents evil leaders in the world, politically and in the media influenced world. The many piercings and jewelry represents the vanity affair, and lack of respect for self worth. He is on a higher level because these people put themselves above their prey. He is then pouring the blood down to the lower level, representing the he is as corrupt inside as he is outside, and wants to make the common people be like himself, exact clones, with dull drone-like minds that have no sense of direction. The higher level he resides on is a sand color, representing that this false elevation will surly crumble, for the foolish man built his house upon the sand.

The ground in which the common people live is made out of stone, showing that while they may not be high and mighty, they are firm, and will never fall because true happiness never falters, unlike temporary pleasures. The child with the cup drinks from the blood only wanting to live, not knowing that the blood will be his very death. The cat-like animal on stilts represents parents. Parents were once children, but are now taller, and perhaps wiser. Wise enough to know not to drink from the blood…the corruption. So the child’s parent is filtering the bad, and allowing the child to feast upon the good things presented in life. The child’s huge smile represents his innocence, while the parent’s smile shows happiness in seeing the child’s well-being, but fears the child’s lack of knowledge could ultimately lead him down the wrong path.

Down where the ordinary populace reside, there is darkness. The children can’t see where the blood is coming from, while the parent can because of the higher altitude given by age, again represented by the stilts. The evil can see the light, but chooses to ignore it, represented by having his back turned away from the light. Who will die first, the people or the evil? If the sandy foundation were to fall you can see that the sunset would once again be a full radiant ball of light. Who really knows, but it is true that the people have one way of death, while the evil has no hope. He will either die from the crumbling heights or faint from a lack of blood.

Well, that is the meaning of this picture. Some good guessing though! Thanks for trying to piece the puzzle.
    :)

7. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

...Oh...
    Cool.
    I'm a bit out of the loop for the first part, being an Irish agnostic(more or less), and I didn't see the hidden messages(I still can't see 4 got), but I really like the meaning. The world kind of sucks, but there's still hope. Groovy.

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

The pic is AWESOME! I like the links! soo cleans and the colors too! ;.; COOL! :D:)