RPG Archives Shadows of Mystery - Gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Basher, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Important: Gaming

This RPG will be different then most RPGs. You will not know anything about anyone else unless they say something.

Here is the information you should know:

Profiles
    • All profiles must be sent to either DS or me for acceptance.
    • Your identity will remain a secret until you post about it.
    • You can have only two players.
    • Once accepted a thread will be set up with your name on it, "Important: Players." In the thread it will say only your character(s) name when given.
    • DS and I will be playing Mr. Black (host), the Butler, the Cook, the Detective, and the French Maid. You will be able to view these profiles shortly under the thread "Important: Staff."
    Gaming
    • [RPG] Shadows of Mystery is the RP thread.
    • You must post as she/he, him/her, or it until your identity is known. Please keep in mind a way to tell your characters apart. See the thread "Important: Players" after any characters's names are revealed.
    • Everyone will arrive by chauffeur. It will go into the ghost town then up to the Manor and leave right away. You will be left there.
    • The Butler will show you where your room quarters are. You will also have a tour of the Manor curtsey of the French Maid. See the thread "Important: Rooms and Weapons" for further details.
    • Enjoy the free time once everyone is here the RPG will start. Get to know your comrades or look around the Manor in the mean time.
    • Watch what the narrator says it will be very important. DS and I are the narrator. The narrator will state when there is a murder. Please see Murdering for further detail.
    Murdering
    • Submit any wanted murders to DS or me. We will decide if it is approved. You will get a PM upon approval. After the murder takes place you will have a PM about it. Please play along with the storyline only the narrator can give out clues to the murder.
    • Murdering someone most have a reason.
    • Attempted murders are allowed.
    • The narrator will describe the murders.
    • DS and I will plan the first murder.

2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

To be more specific..

The reason why Role Players's identities will be confidential amongst themselves is so no murders can be performed for personal reasons. In other words, you can't kill [Insert Character Here] because you don't like them.

The only way you can figure out who someone is is by the way they post. If some character's personality is to be really stubborn and a Role Player posts really stubbornly, then you might be able to put two and two together. Hopefully you catch my drift.

When someone is killed their identities will be revealed in "Important: Players".

When your Character Profiles are sent to either me or Basher, they will be posted by us in the Character Profiles thread so people may have a chance to look at them. They will be editted to make sure no obvious hints are included.