Art Share Your Jack O Lantern Masterpieces!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ciel, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I just finished my pumpkin carving for the year. I live in an apartment, so I'll be giving the JOL to my in-laws. But I'm keepin' the seeds!

Anyways, I rustled up piccys I took of a few pumpkins carved in 2003 and just took my piccy of 2005.

2003: Dora, Zero and Yoda:
    [​IMG]

2005: A simple Kuroneko-chan that I drew onto the 'kin first:
    [​IMG]

Now Post yours!!!!! !!! and have a safe Halloween! .. when it comes.

2. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

that was neat! sadly they dont give a damn for halloween in here .____.
    also i'm short in time these days..or i may draw somthing soon ;3

3. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

The only people who celebrate Halloween here are the warehouses/entertainment departments, and party people who feel like organizing a Halloween dance party. There's no "Trick or Treating", only costume parties, and even those are rare.. Yup, we don't even know the meaning of Halloween, the stores just dragged their merchandise into our lives. Being the little pea's we are, we pondered..

"Gee Mr. Storeguy, that sure is a lot of black and orange you've got there."
    "Ofcourse you numbskulls, it's Halloween!"
    "What's Halloween, Mr. Storeguy?" "You idiot, haven't you seen those Halloween Specials of the Simpsons before? It's about monsters and costumes and everything! It's like Carnival(*) in October!"
    "Exactly! Halloween is super duper fun, and your life would be meaningless without it. Also, I love your money."

(*) I wrote Carnival because it sounds closest to the Dutch name. Basically it's just like Halloween, costumes and candy, but the festivities are 40 days before Easter. If it's known in US/UK, could anyone pass me the English name? Thank you :p

So sadly put, if I WOULD have made carvings, I would've posted them. But sicne we don't celebrate Halloween.. :(

4. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

omg.... OMFG.... yoda one rockkkssssss........

5. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

ii wuvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv love your kuroneko!!!! so cute!!!!!! unfortunately i have no pumpkins with me ;_; .... i'll just admire yours ^_____^ ..

misao

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I have no jackolanterns, since I'm in an apartment, but allow me to show off some of the jackolanterns done by other SA goons...

Ol Dirty Bastard carved: [​IMG]

Turnip Girl carved: [​IMG]

matryx carved: [​IMG]

Trapezoid and Limekle carved: [​IMG]

*sigh* I miss Pumpkin Carving.

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Holy crap. Those are awesome. The Darth Vader one alone is better than any I ever did.

...But whatever happened to the plain old evil-looking smiles? Sadly I don't have any pictures, but I always did up this really nice one like that.