Art Shower Card

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ciel, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

yo, this is a shower card I made, there's a nasty line that runs half way through it since it's a card and I didn't think about adding on to the image until after I started. Anyways I cleaned it up, but anyone wonders. Tell me what you think. It was kind of quick.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

That is gorgeous :) I really do like it a lot. Your very talented! The colors go together so nice and it looks nicely planned/arranged as well. Keep up the great work

1 person likes this.
  3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Are you sure that that picture was kind of quick? Because it looks (to me) like it took you more than that, mostly since it's shaded so well... It's very well drawn, and the colors are all used more than well together. Give yourself a pat on the back, because i think you just drew a really good work of art, congrats! Hope to see more.

-Seishin

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Thanks for the comment sweetasuka and Seishin. And for your question Seishin, it's quick as opposed to all the other artwork I do. I'm working on one now that I started last September.. I really have to concentrate on that one. Of course there were huge chunked breaks, but I would spend hours then look on it later and see that hardly anything developped. Hopefully I post that painting soon.

5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I really like it, I would have chosen pastel colours for it instead. but that is just me, and your giving yout own personal touch it... so its the thing that counts most

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Thanks Saber, I'm not sure what you mean by pastels, by I had red tulips in mind for the card. After I posted this, I started work on another quick painting. For my future father-in-law's birthday which is tomorrow. So I'll add this too. The paper is mayfair, not watercolour paper so the way the watercolour moves and blends onthe paper is different, probably from lack of water on my part too though. anyways. tired.

I'll add the scanned and the picture I took of it in the frame (on angle so no glare).

Attached Files:

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Shao-wa Kaado te nani? :p No really, I don't know what it is. But, it is very beautiful. All of these pictures are. You are quite the artist, and I can't see anything wrong with any of these. Truly some excellent work.

8. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I too love the artwork on these drawings. They exell in every way, and like Shinryu, i cant find anything wrong either. Keep up the great (art)work!

-K

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Well, they aren't half naked anime-style girls that's for sure :p

<3 Thanks for your comments. The last work, which is a present, was a picture the gift receiver took while in P.E.I. I was told he really loves this picture.. it may be a downside. I'll tell you if he likes it or not.

10. Feena

Feena New Member

I'm so jealous of your ability to do landscapes. I feel like I'm somehow missing a step along the way of trying to develop my abilities. :dizzy: Anyways, I especially like the one of the flowers, lovely job on the leaves.

11. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

It's a great artwork Ciel. It may be a quick but it's really a good one. Everything in it is excellent.

12. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

vewy vewy nice... hwhwhwhwhwhw

^^

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

thanks guys ^___^ umm.. what is it that you are doing, Al?

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I don't think we want to know. ;)

But you never ansered my question? What's a shower card? Is it, like, something you hang in your shower, or something? I really have no clue. :confused:

15. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

why... imitating elmer fudd... he has a very weird sounding "hahahahaha"

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Oh I didn't know that's what you meant, I thought you couldn't figure out what the landscape was or something o.0 It's the card I made for my bridal shower. The image is just what you see if you flip the back of it up.

17. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Well, I like it even if it's alittle too floral for my tastes. You did a great job Ciel.^^

18. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

nice. my mom was looking behind me and she was like ...wow.

19. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Your Pictures are amazing. You're a truly talented artist :)

20. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Thank you ^__^ my shower was actually today.. I'm pretty tired out. I handed out Wedding Invites, so I'll show you those too soon. :)