::shuffles feet:: h...hello all...

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Sarah of Borg, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah of Borg

Sarah of Borg New Member

Hey there I'm sure I'm not the last to say "I'm new!"
    I've been to countless numbers of BBS in the past 4 years. Sometimes I stop by, say hello, and never return, but if all goes well I could stay here for years and u'll never get rid of me :D
    I was looking for a Cowboy Bebop forum and I bumbled into this web site. Expect to see me invade that forum soon.
    But there is a catch. I'm not just new to the BBS. I'm new to the whole friggin genre.
    And I have no idea what I'm doing :D
    Expect a LOT of questions from me!
    I hope you don't mind if I give a little bit of background for myself:
    Yes I've been to many a BBS for the past 4 years. Until recently they were all Star Trek boards. I'm most well known at scifi.com/startrek, trekbbs.com, trekweb.com, and especially at the BBS at williamshatner.com .
    Of late I've spread out a bit. You'll also find I'm well known at the BBS at http://samsite.anre.net/, a Samurai Jack BBS with a mere 80-90 members (and a mod I'm not a big fan of...hope he ain't readin this.)
    I've taken a look at one or two other Bebop-related forums but the one here looks most promising, plus I can talk about other anime too!
    I've seen only a handful of movies, but for shows I've seen Trigun, Inu-Yasha, Reign the Conquorer, and Aeon Flux (if that counts.) Don't be suprised if u see me mentionin that stuff, k? :D
    Oh and it should be clear simply by my name that I'm a total die-hard Trekkie, if there even is such a thing.
    I'm 17 and obviously female and I'm American. If you have any cute pictures of kitties I'll die :D

Thanks for reading all this boring junk. Don't be suprised that, if I stick around, I'll be making something of a splash at the forums I'll visit.

-Sarah of Borg

PS: I probably will only come back to this thread, so I probably won't hang round this board too much unless I gotta question.

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Y'like cute kittens, eh?

I feel like being an evil bastard tonight.

[​IMG]

BTW another great forum is www.spacebattles.com . Anyway...

Post your pic in the Dare thread![​IMG]

3. Sarah of Borg

Sarah of Borg New Member

AWWWWW!!! :D

Please link me to the dare there. I'm not swimming through this sea to find it.
    It's not easy for me to post my own images because I can only link to them. Yahoo stinks.

-Sarah of Borg

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

5. Sarah of Borg

Sarah of Borg New Member

Say...I'm kinda impressed this BBS is very very active! I was getting sick of going to boards where no one posts for hours.

-Sarah of Borg

6. Sarah of Borg

Sarah of Borg New Member

^
    whoops sorry I was mistaking the Sticky threads for threads that got replies before mine.
    I see this system is the average slow-poke. Oh well.

-Sarah of Borg

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

It's 3:25 AM.:rolleyes:

Try coming in during peak hours.

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Welcome Newbie!

Message From The Goddesses Of Oh My Goddess!

[​IMG]

Enjoy Your stay, Don't Freaking Spam :)

- Teddz

9. Tetsuo

Tetsuo New Member

Nice one neph :)

And hey to u too Sarah. You said we will never get rid of u, i say u will newer get rid of us ;) Welcome aboard. I don't hope, i KNOW u will enjoy your stay.

10. Sarah of Borg

Sarah of Borg New Member

Thanks 4 the welcom. Don't worry I don't plan to spam, I just hope you guys arn't too paranoid about that sorta thing. I tend to just post whats on my mind, and if you don't agree with it that dosn't mean it's spam.
    I'm also having a fun time looking around and trying to reconize characters from the little anime I've seen.

-Sarah of Borg

11. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Hi there, welcome to M2A, please read my sig, and please no other forums advertising :rolleyes:

12. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

Yes, Zanzhee has a point. *clings to m2a* Welcome aboard trekkie. I've never met a girl trekkie. Course, I only know one *true*trekkie anywho. ^^ mmmmm crackers......

*wanders off*

*runs back, hands sarah a lolly, runs away again*

13. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

hi. welcome to m2a.
    as long as you dont piss me off or leaveourself open for a remark i wont be mean to ya!!!

:anime:

peacout
    ::cb::

14. Sarah of Borg

Sarah of Borg New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've read the stickies at the top of this forum, although there wasn't anything there I really didn't know.
    I wasn't really advertising, just pointing out where you can go if you wanna know more about me (to make sure I'm not some troll.) Although many of the boards i listed I havn't been to in quite a while. It was also my sort of proof that although I'm new here I'm hardly new to the forum concept.

I'm just having a hard time figuring out what to do next...

-Sarah of Borg

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, if you have any questions, hon, just give a pm*^-^* most of us are happy to help out and flag questions.

god..star trek...soemthing worse to talk about with friends that religion and politics..(there was a 3 hour fight with some of my friends...sigh lol)

16. Sarah of Borg

Sarah of Borg New Member

I don't know what to do with my avatar. I LOVE Spike, but I can see some one else uses this avatar all ready. I really don't want to use any of the other characters from the show...hmm I don't supose there are any spirited away avatars...maybe I should take a better look.
    The thing is, the avatar I wanted to REALLY use (Spike wearing headphones) is also taken, and I happen to use that avatar for every board I go to!

-Sarah of Borg

17. Spike

Spike New Member

well look who has my avatar..well i gotta tell you we have to battle to see who will keep this avatar.lol just playing if you want it you can have it just tell me!!!

18. Sarah of Borg

Sarah of Borg New Member

Well your Name is Spike, so you need a Spike avatar.
    My problem is that I've looked and none of the anime films I've seen are in there, and CB is the only show I watch! I watch a little of other shows but that ain't the same...
    Now if there was an Aeon Flux avatar I'd use it but alas...
    I wish I could upload any avatar I wanted like other forums :(
    And if there were a Star Trek or Samurai Jack or maybe even Powerpuff Girls avatar I'd use that too...
    bit of a dielemma :(
    I only use this one because it's a very handsome pic...again the headphone one is even better...
    can you tell I'm a little obbsessed about him? :D

-Sarah of Borg

19. Spike

Spike New Member

your obbsessed..lol. i have his name as my username
    i have his avatar=you can tell a mod to customize a avatar for you
    and i aslo have a sig of spike.
    he is like the best character for my i think.later
    did you get my pm..?

20. Sarah of Borg

Sarah of Borg New Member

yes and I sent a reply.
    What mod should I ask? Is it allowed to have an anime Film avatar, or even something that isn't quite anime but is animated?

-Sarah of Borg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.