Music Sigur Ros

Discussion in 'Music' started by DrunkLeprachaun, Jul 13, 2002.

1. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I know the people around here have rather eclectic tastes in music. To this, I say, Good. Strange music is good. So. Have any of you himáin here heard of this wierd-groovy-assed icelandic group? If so, would you care to recommend some songs? From what I've heard, they seem pretty cool.
    For those not heard of them, scroll down this page for full song d/ls. And enjoy. After all, is that not why we're all here?

2. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

I had a look over the board(nothing else to do. insomnia's a pisser huh) and you seem to want some one to reply to this post.

Instead of leaving it at that I listened to one of their tracks. Svefn g englar it was called.

Sorry for the first post to negative and all, but it wasn't really my cup tea. Now, I didn't hate it. It's just after the 5 minute mark it kinda grated on the nerves.
    I'm not gonna judge the band on one song, but they ain't no Devin Townsend.

I dunno, maybe it's just one of their bad tracks.

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Hmm, yes I wouldn't imagine they'd be everyone's cup of tea. But every single one of their songs is quite different, so you might have just been unlucky. I was just listening to one called Fljúgðu. I wonder how that's pronounced. It was good.

4. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Well they did the soundtrack of Vanllia Sky didn't they. Bloody great movie, but the soundtrack didn't stick in my mind.

As open minded as I am about music, lazyness will always win the day.

And my miniscule(sp?) bandwidth is precious. So, I'm gonna check out some Savatage and Queensrych. I've been on a prog-rock binge.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

they did the vanilla sky st? wow...didn't know that...must check that out next i work...oh..and some prog...hehe maybe try some Subtle Rage? tho it sounds like a bad ad i'm giving, not that there hasn't been any of those these past couple days...lol but andy's stuff is neat...*^-^*

6. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

umm....the link doesn't seem to work.

7. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

wierd, it did when i checked it...just seeing it now...well, he has been having probs with his domains...could be that....i know i did a thread for it awhile back...that one works...
    now, as for sigur ros...wow...i just sat through a music vid of theirs...wow...i don't know if can take just the music, cause the visuals blend in beautifully...pretty....umm..the one i saw was a long name...it's the vid with the dolls and soccer...heh...a very ...neat vid...didn't like how it ended tho...i know launch.com has the vids...

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hmm..well, his site seems to be working now...dunno what was up with that...he may have actually updated lol anyways..

i can't find that song on the single sigur ros cd we have at work...<sigh>

9. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Well I listened to of their tracks.
    I can see where the subtile part comes from, but rage?

I forgot it was playing after a while. It didn't really hold my attenion. I'm not saying that I need guitar solos and double bass(it helps but some of my favourite bands don't do them) in music to like it.
    I could have just been those two songs I dunno but they say on hte website that they are "Pink Floyd, Rush, Nine Inch Nails and Vangelis in a street brawl", but from the sound of that I think they sound better separated.

10. Mako_Spirit

Mako_Spirit New Member

I've had their album for a while now, y'know the one with the spiffy pic of an alien baby thing. I haven't really listenned to the whole cd all the way through because it puts me to sleep, way soothing and stuff like whales singing. Not that they're bad or anything, I think they're cool. It's very different.